drs visit.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by donmia, Aug 21, 2002.

1. donmia

donmia New Member

Hi all,
    I went to a pain management dr. last week for numbness in my hand. She perscribed neurontin.(i was a little afraid to take this)Then went to my family dr. for depression. He pers.Celexa.
    I already take. -- Zanaflex,hydroxychlorquine(for positive ana)plus aspirin and bextra for pain.
    I am started to feel like a drugstore. I ahvent taken the celexa and neurontin yet. Im afraid i wont wake up in the morning.lol
    On a good note i was also sent back to pt.
    They have a new machine called a Alpha Stem.
    I am kind of hopeful with this. They do the probes and then they put clips on your ears and they say it makes your brain put out endorfins to control pain.
    I only had one session but, felt kind of light after. It did seem to ease the pain.
    I just thought maybe some of you could ask your pt's about this new therepy.
    Hope its a good day for all
    I will let you know if this seems to work.
    Donna
  2. donmia

donmia New Member

Hi all,
    I went to a pain management dr. last week for numbness in my hand. She perscribed neurontin.(i was a little afraid to take this)Then went to my family dr. for depression. He pers.Celexa.
    I already take. -- Zanaflex,hydroxychlorquine(for positive ana)plus aspirin and bextra for pain.
    I am started to feel like a drugstore. I ahvent taken the celexa and neurontin yet. Im afraid i wont wake up in the morning.lol
    On a good note i was also sent back to pt.
    They have a new machine called a Alpha Stem.
    I am kind of hopeful with this. They do the probes and then they put clips on your ears and they say it makes your brain put out endorfins to control pain.
    I only had one session but, felt kind of light after. It did seem to ease the pain.
    I just thought maybe some of you could ask your pt's about this new therepy.
    Hope its a good day for all
    I will let you know if this seems to work.
    Donna
  3. GEC

GEC New Member

i wanted to say hello, and that i am also on Neurontin. I was a little perplexed at first because it is an anti-convulsive, and i dont have any seizures, but the doc said that it could help for pain. I talked to some wonderful people on this board that also take neurontin and i got back positive replies, so i feel a bit better taking it. i know meds affect people in different ways, but i have been doing well on it. How many mgs are you on? he started me with 100mg, and now i am up to 1200mg. that is the only med i am taking. i tried antideppressents, but no way, they are not for me. i hope you get all the info you need! take care.

gail
  4. donmia

donmia New Member

Hi Gail
    I didnt take it yet. i was afraid. Now i am going to pt again. They are using the new Alha stem. It is supposed to help with pain and sleeping and depression. So if it helps i wont take the drugs. If it doesnt then at least i feel better if i have to take it. Thank you for telling me that you take it with no problems. It is 300 mg. The dr said to take one at night. Then the following week ,2 a day then 3 a day. Do you take a lot of meds. I hate taking all these pills. But, i guess whatever works right.
    Thank you again
    Donna