Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ltllee, Jul 19, 2012.

1. ltllee

ltllee New Member

Does anyone know of a GOOD Dr. for fibro in the Milwaukee Wi. area?
  2. jc16551

jc16551 New Member

With a lack of effective treatment, I'd go for a doc who's highly sympathetic, believes in your illness, and will basically write for whatever symptom-suppressing drug you want (not to be crude, there are many providers who won't do this).

Google and find a holistic doctor in your region and read about their philosophies and approaches to medicine. This will yield you the best results.

Dr. Dan
  3. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Active Member

They all wanted to put me on cymbalta (took that for l8 mos), lyrica or other antidepressants. I'm not depressed....well it really gets me down now and then when I'm overwhelmed with pain and fatigue. EVERYTHING I take now, or try to do came from tons of reading and listening to what my body needs. I also went for warm pool therapy.....didn't help either.

I even went to a holistic doctor who was listed in one of Suzanne Somers books. $500 for a visit and $250 worth of vitamins and supplements and she still didn't help, plus $200 out of pocket for lab tests for adrenal fatigue.

Personally my feeling is SLEEP is the #l cause of FM and contributes to CFS. Even when I was a teenager I felt like I had the flu when I lost sleep. Also.....when my stress level rises so does my pain level. When I get highly stressed I just KNOW I'm going to be in a lot of pain within l2 to l5 hrs. After the pain comes the fatigue for a couple of days....commencerate with the days of pain.
    [This Message was Edited on 07/20/2012]
  4. MicheleK

MicheleK Member

It is very logical for a doctor to prescribe a low dose anti-depressant for your FM. Many of these drugs work in the areas of the brain that translate pain signals and therefore are effective in managing pain and some help with sleep also. I have taken low dose Sinequan/Doxepin for many years with good success. Lowers the pain and helps me fall asleep.
  5. MicheleK

MicheleK Member

You can go to www.cocure.org and check their FM doctor list to see if there is one patient's have recommended for FM in your area. All the best to you.
  6. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Check out acam.org - website of integrative medicine doctors throughout the nation. I think these are the only doctors who know anything about CFS or FM and can do more than prescribe drugs.

If you scroll over "Health Resources" near the top of the home page, you will see a link to click to find a doctor in your area.

Good luck!