Drug Seekers making it hard on all of us

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jeanderek, Mar 12, 2003.

1. jeanderek

jeanderek New Member

Yesterday I had a psychiatrist appt. Well when I got done talking to the doctor I was waiting on the nurse to make my next appt and give me my script. Well being naturally nosy as I am I was scanning the desk when on top of a bunch of files I seen a memo. I tried to act like I wasnt reading but I was lol. Well the memo was about drug seekers. It was saying to beware of people who come in complaining of pain that don't have test results showing that there is a cause for it. Of course this doesnt surprise me I think that I have been labeled that alot because of complaining about pain everytime I see my doctor. Well what bothers me is that they are teaching doctors to consider anyone in pain as a drug seeker until a test proves otherwise. In other words guilty until proven innocent. Its a shame that people who are in real pain get labeled as seekers because of all the real drug abusers out there. Of course this is something I think that we have all had to deal with but it just gets me so angry.
    Wishing all a pain free day!!!

hugs,
    Jeanna
  2. jeanderek

jeanderek New Member

I am soooooooo sick and tired of being judged by doctors just because I am in pain. I am not an addict it took me forever to accept the fact that I was going to have to take pain medication to function in daily life (if you wanna call it that). Everytime I go to the doctor I get so stressed because I know I am going to have to beg for my medication. I don't think that I should have to explain this disease EVERY single time I need my medication prescribed. My God what do we pay them for. I was so angry when I seen that memo. I know that it has to be that way because of all the addicts out there. I just think that everytime my doctor sees me coming he thinks "here comes another one" I know you all can relate. We can see it in thier eyes. I was just so glad when I finally started going to pain management. He has not showed me any signs of being that way yet and I hope that he doesn't. But I have to go back to a post that I did a few days ago on ER doctors I think they pound it in thier heads that we are all junkies trying to get a fix or something. Well I have ranted long enough lol. Best wishes all

Hugs,
    Jeanna
  3. jeanderek

jeanderek New Member