Drug Tips

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by abcanada, Nov 3, 2006.

1. abcanada

abcanada New Member

After reading the info that comes with the drugs from the pharmacy I noticed something I had not read before. Regarding Oxycodone, it said not to take it with food as it may be less effective. I tried that, since I usually take drugs with food to prevent nausea, and it kicked in much quicker with better pain relief. Also a Neurologist I saw a couple of weeks ago prescribed me Maxaran. He said to take it with other drugs as it would allow your body to absorb them faster. Thought I'd pass this on in case it helps anyone. Hope everyone's feeling good today, I'm not, I have a brutal migraine and that darn eye ball pain! Laura
  2. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Laura:

So sorry about your migraine. I hope it passes quickly.
    Good tip about reading those little labels on the med bottles. I am guilty of sometimes ignoring them.

nyrofan
  3. leubie

leubie New Member

Laura---Hey thanks for the tip----------i too take oxycodone-------but i do not remember reading that---------im glad you did----------b/c like you --------i too toke the meds / food to avoid getting sick--------so THANKS!!!!!!<p>--------- oh!! by the way----what is Maxaran?????-----<P> and last but not least---i hope YOU ARE FEELING BETTER!!---------- I HATE THOSE NASTY KILLER MIGRANE!!!!!!!-,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,<p> -keep in touch---------one more thing---------i too am named -LAURA----<p> --
  4. rachel432

rachel432 New Member

i've noticed the same thing with vicodin. it works much better for me if i take it on an empty stomach, so does my robaxin actually. i'm glad you mentioned this.
    rachel