Drugs and Vitamins for fybromyalgia

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TriKster03, Sep 25, 2003.

1. TriKster03

TriKster03 New Member

My wife has been diagnosed with fybromyalgia, are there any drugs or vitamins.. preferably vitamins that will help allieve her pain?

Thanks

Please email me @ john@cllug.org

John
  2. IgotYou

IgotYou New Member

Getting better takes a lot of trial and error. Lots of us are doing lots of different things, and everyone seems to be different in how they respond to stuff. What has made by far the biggest difference for me is eliminating wheat from my diet. Refined carbohydrates of any kind are also a very common problem. Regular exercise is also very important - 20-30 minutes 3 times a week at least, but not too strenuous to where it causes pain.

I haven't found anything else to help with pain, but I read another post here today about pain and the person told what they've done to reduce pain without pain killers (It's called "Pain Meds--My Take On It"). It sounded promising and I think I'll try it. You should read that post. Personally, I prefer trying to find natural ways of healing and dealing with this rather than relying on a bunch of prescriptions, but some people are in much worse shape and really need the meds.

That's wonderful that you're taking an active role in helping her. A lot of us have family that don't realize what we're going through, and it leaves us feeling very lonely. I'm sure it's almost as frightening for a spouse as it is for the person who has it. You will find a lot of very helpful information here, and I hope you'll stick around and ask specific questions and read other posts. It's been a big learning experience for me. Good luck!
    [This Message was Edited on 09/25/2003]