Drugs for fatigue

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by NewEnglander, May 21, 2003.

1. NewEnglander

NewEnglander New Member

Lately I'm just sooo tired, I asked my doctor for ritilan but she would not perscribe it. I'm meeting with her friday and would like some info to take with me. does anyone know of a good med that I could take to give me some energy and help with the brain fog?
    Also I was on 4 vicidins a day, 2 vic's in the morning and 2 at 2:00pm. I think that was giving me energy because now I have cut back on the vic's and am soo tired. I'm now trying to take no more then 2 vic's a day. any ideas?
    thanks from Lisa
  2. NewEnglander

NewEnglander New Member

3. epicurean

epicurean New Member

what has helped me.I take Provigil,100 mg. in the a.m.It is a drug for narcolepsy,but does not keep me awake at night.Some drug plans do not allow it for people who do not have narco.,or if they havn't had a sleep study done. Thankfully my new insurance will give it to me,up till now my Dr. has been wonderful enough to give me samples.It has been talked about here many times,just type in Provigil in search messages.Good-luch,it has made a world of difference in me,prior to using it I wasn't able to get up,eat,shower and dressed without resting inbetween-has been one of the most helpfull meds. that I take.
  4. mitch123

mitch123 New Member

I'm taking Wellbutrin, definite improvement in energy and I'm mentaly alert because of it.
  5. Cactuslil

Cactuslil New Member

I just had to fight my family trying to have me "committed" because they considered my medications "drugs"...just a sore spot.

Ultimatly you must find the answer to fatigue yourself. I too tried Ritalin and it put me to sleep. Ditto Adderall.

I recently have been through the ringer after a narcoleptic incident. Sleep study revealed a no 11 which was considered very serious. The doc would not even let me come home before arrangements were made for a C-pak machine et al. The machine and all I can live with, no choice, but I hate being made to sleep in a full hospital bed with a spinal mattress. It has robbed me from the most important part of my 24-hr period.

I take Provigil 200mg. BID. Yes it helps but not in the way a stimulent med. works.

My son is having HELL trying to adjust to Straterra, the new med for hyperactivity. He is lethargic, sleepy and robs him of alot of "hisself". Four weeks I agreed to. My son, ten, is very valient to even go through this ordeal. I hope it is worth it. CactusLil'
  6. Princessraye

Princessraye New Member

Glad to hear someone has gotten help from Provigil.

My Dr.was so sure it would help me and looked at me like I was crazy when I said I took it and took a 2 hour nap. LOL

Just goes to show.....what doesn't work for one of us might work for another :)
  7. Joyce1

Joyce1 New Member

I found Neurontin very good for brain fog. although I'm on the panic side of this DD and not sleepy all the time. Hope this helps.

joyce
  8. AnnG

AnnG New Member

It has been a lifesaver for me with no side effects at all.!