Dry eyes, ouch!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bugshale, Jul 28, 2003.

1. bugshale

bugshale New Member

I have found that punctal plugs work wonders. They just take as minute and they do work. Has anyone else out there giot any ideas?
  2. Plantscaper

Plantscaper New Member

I was dry in all my mucus membranes, including the eyes..I have been on sea salt and my moisture retention has really increased..eyes, nose and mouth...

Plantscaper
  3. bugshale

bugshale New Member

I have them on the bottom in both and the top in one also. I love them and can tell if one comes out. If they keep coming out you can have the ducts closed by laser. It only takes a minute also I am told. Have not gone that route yet. The dry eyes make me crazy, besides the pain the blinking drives me nuts. Anyway the plugs are painless and quick and my insurance covers them. It is better then all the drops , besides they did not work for me( the drops).
    I swim a lot and so the plugs are great with the chlorine etc. Talking about swimming, it is what keeps me going.
    Let me know if you try them. Hugs to all!
  4. bugshale

bugshale New Member

How do you take the sea salt? On your food and how much?
  5. bugshale

bugshale New Member

6. Plantscaper

Plantscaper New Member

Use good quality sea salt, with no anti-caking agents or fillers...and put on food after cooking it or on salads, etc...Cooking the salt will destroy its good qualities..Also, be sure to drink 1/2 your body weight in ounces/day..This is part of the Water Cure..Some people put the salt in water or beverages, but I prefer on food..

Have you seen PatPalmer's article on Sea Salt? It is a very healthy and needed missing element to our diet..

Plantscaper
    [This Message was Edited on 07/29/2003]