DRY EYES

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by suave, Feb 12, 2006.

1. suave

suave New Member

DOES ANYONE WITH FMS HAVE DRYEYES AND BLURRY VISION AT TIMES?
  2. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

I see an opthomologist every 6 months right now .. but he thinks it has more to do with the thyroid condition I have .. I'm not sure what it is ... but sometimes it is just like they are sunburned ! Yikes !
    Fudge : )
  3. suave

suave New Member

I HAVE A THYROID PROBLEM ALSO I WAS HYPER THYROID NOW IM HYPO THYROID. WHAT IS GRAVES DISEASE? ISNT THAT RELATED TO THYROD EYE PROBLEMS.
  4. Dorothee

Dorothee New Member

Dry eyes, dry mouth and thyroid problems,especially from hyper to hypo, and fatigue and rheumy-like symptoms, all these symptoms are present in people with Sjögren Syndrome.
    These people also ofthe have, regularly occurring bladder-inflamation, or colon-problems.
  5. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

My eye doctor put me on Restasis for the dry eyes and that is helping. Not sure if I have to stay on it indefinitely or if I will be able to go off. I do get the blurry vision, too, sometimes in the evening. I like to read in the evening and it is annoying when it happens. Glad it's not all the time.

Ellen
  6. pemaw54

pemaw54 New Member

and dorthee is right. My rheumy said it is a symptom of sjrons syndrome. When I went to eye dr. He said my eyes are not very dry. I find I have problems more when driving. Cant make out signs alot..Cant wait to see me on the road can you?:) Some days are worse than others.

Suzette
  7. Hope4Sofia

Hope4Sofia New Member

Have you noticed dry skin, lips and mouth? I can't keep my lips from cracking and my skin is always very dry. The eyes bother me the most though.

I plan to ask my dr about sjogrens. It sounds very possible.

sofi