Dry Mouth, Anyone?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Nikki, Apr 17, 2003.

1. Nikki

Nikki Member

Just recently I've begun suffering from dry mouth. At first I thought it was from my meds, but my meds are pretty much the same as always.

Anyone else have this problem. What can one do about it?

Nikki
  2. npack

npack New Member

Mine is definitely from the nortriptyline I'm taking because it got dry as soon as I started taking it.
    It is much better now though since I've been taking it for about a month.

You could try sucking on hard candy. That worked for me.

Nickole
  3. JLH

JLH New Member

I don't have a lot of time to elaborate right now, but dry mouth (and dry eyes) are symptoms of Sjogren's Syndrome.

Do a search on this (I hope I spelled it correctly!). It has been mentioned quite a few times recently.
  4. mku01

mku01 New Member

DRY Mouth, YES, YES, YES
    I am new in the sense that I have not responded before but have been reading others for some time now. Just had to respond to the question regarding dry mouth. I have been on Nortriptyline for 6 years or more and have dry mouth to the very extreme. Just a warning to everyone out there with FM which does cause dry mouth itself but then the meds we take can cause it also. I have serious dental problems. I recently had some very high stress and have had 6 teeth break apart and fall out!!! I am now working with my dentist to decide if I should get Prosthesis or go with some implants. Either way it will be expensive and a long procedure to get this all accomplished. I will need to have them pull 6 teeth and dig out the roots on the ones that have broken off. I am also on a strong fluoride treatment to prevent further damage. Note to everyone, please take care of your teeth. Brush frequently and floss religiously and use flouoride rinse (which can be bought at Wal-Mart) Don't wait until it become a major problem as it is for me. This is only one of the many concerns I have regarding FM but it is mostly the same as everyone else. I work at a major medical facility so I have some advantages of the medical help available but still have some problems getting the DR to hear me. I do enjoy hearing everyone's comments, to know I am not alone is so comforting. God bless us all.