Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by LEFTYGG, Apr 10, 2009.

LEFTYGG Member

i always have dry mouth but lately ive been sleeping with my mouth open and by morning the inside of my mouth feels burnt like ive drank hot liquids.

i know my meds are causing this tramado bp med and ambien. i drink water throughout night

its really really bad i even chew gum in my sleep to keep saliva going when i wake up it in crumbles stuck to my teeth from dryness..

no one knows the crap we go through and its not even worth describing to anyone but you all thanks now im crying lol lovr gail
  2. kat0465

kat0465 New Member

it could be just another symptom of the disease itself, i too have severe dry mouth & eyes also. every night i go to bed with a glass of water & eye drops, During the night when i wake up( usually from drinking the water!) the first thing i do is put the drops in my eyes & then i hit the water bottle. my eyes have gotten so dry during the night they feel like they are stuck to my lids in the morning.
    I swear this has to be one of the most Miserable disease out there.
  3. butterflydream

butterflydream New Member

I wouldn't be without this, i also know what it's like to have very dry mouth.
    For daytime Biotene oral balance liquid and always the biotene toothpaste at bedtime.
    This is what works for me, i would not be without it.
    i bought mine at wal-mart. It is a must for me, wish you well

4. 3gs

3gs New Member

I have the worst dry eyes. I buy the artifical tears cuz you can use alot.
    They used a swab with stuff for dry mouth on my dad. sorry I dont know name.

dry mouth not so bad some meds cause this.

hope you feel better this dd can drive u crazy. one thing after another
  5. fmsKat

fmsKat New Member

Just wanted to mention that you might want to bring up your dryness symptoms to your doc. It's true that a lot of meds do cause dryness symptoms, but it could be Sjogrens. Sjogrens is an autoimmune disease that causes the body to attack the glands that make saliva, tears, etc.

I have suffered from dry eyes, mouth, nasal passages, etc. for a few years and blamed it on the changes that I have gone through since having a hysterectomy almost 4 years ago. When I casually mentioned my dryness to my rheumy he mentioned Sjogrens and ordered the tests and sure enough I was positive. Just another wonderful thing to add to the fibro.

I now take the prescription med pilocarpine to stimulate the salivary glands and use the Biotene products and several products for my eyes, skin and nasal passages.

LEFTYGG Member

im going to walmart today and try the products, and about the sjogens thats why i was crying since i had been searching the net about dry mouth and that came up.

i just get emotional thinking of adding another condition so thank you friends i never feel alone here.love gail