dry mouth

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kellbear, Apr 9, 2003.

1. kellbear

kellbear New Member

Ok, I have had this symptom before. I was enjoying about 3 weeks of feeling 75% normal and now the intense mouth dryness started again. I noticed that when this is really bad, my other symptoms get worse (chest pain, tingling in fingers and fatigue) I now notice my left eye is dry.
  2. aprilhuque

aprilhuque New Member

but I'll never get diagnosed with the quacks that I see from HMO.. I use Biotene toothpaste and mouthwash at least 2 times a day . . . it does actualy help about 15%, hey, I'll take anything . . .
    they have gum, too, that works really well, about 25% but it is expensive $1.69 for 16 or 20 pieces *fibro fog* lol

thanks
    april huque
  3. donna13210

donna13210 Member

Just saw your post. Dry mouth can be caused by a variety of reasons, such as diabetes or meds.

First, my dry mouth was due to Type II diabetes and medication took care of it. But later when I increased my meds for overactive bladder, dry mouth returned big time. I'm talking "tongue stick to the roof of your mouth and side of throat sticking together" dry. It's terrible! No matter how much liquid one drinks, it just keeps coming back, right?

I heard that your dentist can also recommend treatment for dry mouth. I plan to ask him next time I go.

Good Luck