Due to mattress my back is 50 better

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by atiledsner, Oct 16, 2006.

1. atiledsner

atiledsner New Member

I ordered a mattress called a memory foam 4 inch mattress topper. After sleeping on it a few weeks I feel so much better and have so little back pain.

I have no stock in this company nor do i get payment in any way.

I just hope this can relieve your pain like it has mine.

Dianne
  2. Teacher58

Teacher58 New Member

I have a really good friend who swears by Memory Foam for his back. The only problem is that he cannot travel anymore, because he is in complete agony without it. I wonder if there are travel arrangements that can be made for certain kinds of beds. Any ideas?
  3. maedaze

maedaze New Member

I have had one for a few years now and of all the things i have spent money on, the memory foam mattress topper is the best by far.
  4. tandy

tandy New Member

I bet it is a great thing to have~

I have a memory pillow and I love it!!
    I can imagine what it is like to be laying on something like that stuff!

I recently went to a mattress retailer
    and tried one out! :)
    It felt great!! I just wish you could try one out for a week and if not satisfied return it without a problem. (and maybe you could??)
    I did'nt realize how expensive those mattresses were!! $1300 for a queen.

Maybe I should just try the thick topper first.
    ???? Don't they go for about $100 ?

I'm glad your having some relief from your pain~
    Take care :)
    Tandy
  5. or toppers are great. I actually prefer it. ITs not the same sort of latex people are allergic to. In fact I was allergic to the memory foam mattress I tried before settling on tis. One thing thst helps some is not sleeping totally flat in bed. I heard wool topper are good but I cant afford them.
  6. springlakeorphan

springlakeorphan New Member

Tonite will be my first nite on new box springs and memory foam matress. i'll let you know how it is. Paid $650.00 for both.Queen size. Sweet dreams..zzzzzzzzz
  7. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

out these mattress for like a week to test them out...a friend's husband did that..

jodie
  8. JLH

JLH New Member

Dianne, I'm glad to hear that your mattress topper helped you that much. That's really great!

These tips are nice to hear--maybe it will influence someone else to try one!!

I have one, too, and it really helps--only mine is getting quite old and I probally could use a new one. This would be a good item to put on my Christmas list!!!

Hugs,
    Janet
  9. MsOnlyMe123

MsOnlyMe123 New Member

Very happy that you found a mattress that gives you so much relief. Some day when I have any extra money, (that someday seems over the Rainbow right now), I would love to try it.

For those who have the money and would like to try it out, I know that QVC has so many beds like this for sale. And right now, you can buy any item, as a gift, and have up until January 31, 2007...(I believe or a very close date to that), to return an item if you buy it as a present. People always buy present for themselves, Right???

Actually, so many of the Hosts on QVC have been joking around with this thought but it's true. Extending the return date until late January 2007, people will take advantage of buying things, trying them out and if not satisfied, return it.

Also, QVC has the regular, all the time, return policy. You can purchase anything and you have 30 days to return it. So both these ways are a good way to try anything from QVC and again, I'v watch so many presentation of all kinds of mattress. You can also go the QVC site and look at all of them.

I do not have anything to do with this shopping station except that they keep me company and I pretent that I bought this and that for meself and my family in Massachusettes. There are so many things that I would like to buy, especially clothes, because I got so fat, as I have mentioned in a board message. I really need all ne clothes because nothing fits me.

All I do is hang around my house, by myself, and go to doctors, dentists and the supermarket. I think if I had a few nice outfits that it would make me feel better and maybe on a good day, try to make it a good day, get dressed like a human being and just take myself out to lunch up around the beach. All my bathing suits don't even fit me anymore. So even if I wanted to go down to the pool, which we all know it the best things for most of us, I would have to put on an old bathing suit and I would be hanging out everywhere. How disgusting, just the thought of seeing myself in a bathing suit. Jumbo Mama!!

I have no idea how I started talking about mattresses and then onto QVC bathing suits. Oh well!!

Eileen
  10. atiledsner

atiledsner New Member

11. atiledsner

atiledsner New Member

It was the best 165.00 I ever spent for pain related problems.

If you order in bulk [2 or more] you can get them even cheaper.

I even went on a trip a 5-6 hour drive with my daughter to tennessee to a craft show and stayed the weekend.

Now your question about traveling with one. Buy a king size, they are all the same price.Take a electric knife and cut it to the size needed to take along on a trip.

If you don't have an electric knife they are easy to cut with a pocket knife, it just won't be as neat a cut.

Mine is a 4 inch topper, and don't find the need to have it any thicker.

I don't know about renting or sending it back to overstock.com.

I just hope as many people will get the benefits as I have from this.

Many blessings. atiledsner
  12. tngirl

tngirl New Member

If you are also allergic to dust mites, they cannot live in latex so they are dust mite free. If you are very allergic and cannot afford a new mattress or topper, you can also buy latex pillows.

I just bought a new mattress too. I got a Jamison queen set. Jamison doesn't do a lot of advertising--they sell mostly to hotel chanis. The Marriot and HIlton use Jamison mattresses.

I slept at a Marriot a few months ago and couldn't believe the difference in my pain upon awakening.

You can buy the mattresses online at from Marriot (the cost is $1200 for a queen size. I got the same mattress from a Jamison dealer for $750.

13. paininthearm

paininthearm New Member

Has anyone ever had insurance cover the price of a new bed. My mother had trouble sleeping and asked her doct. if he could write a script for a bed. He did and she got 70% of her posterpedic(sp?) covered. So what about us with this DD. I just found out I have FM about 3 months ago so I'm still trying to find out everything I can.

Thanks you guys are great I find out so much good info here.

Jenn
  14. Dixie_Amazon

Dixie_Amazon Member

I have a topper, but it keeps getting a big hump in it. I tried some non skid stuff under it, but no luck. Any suggestions.
  15. Goldyfm

Goldyfm New Member

I have a comparable memory foam mattress to temperpedic. It is made by Park Place and is somewhat more reasonably priced. I made a visit to several stores and spent the afternoon at each trying out the different offerings. I found the Park Place to be much firmer and less motion sensitive to the real mccoy. My sister liked mine so much that she bought one for herself as well. We were lucky that they were able to ship to us at a nominal fee. I highly recommend for the FM gang. I also have no interest other than to share s helpful tip.
  16. tlayne

tlayne Member

memory foam mattress. I wouldn't be able to sleep without it. I can't use the pillows tho as they are too big for my neck. Hugs, Tam
  17. lea

lea Member

If you can please post more info., I would much appreciate it.
    Such as where did she buy the mattress or what cpt code did the place she bought it?? use to submit to insurance.
    Any info. would be appreciated.
    best,
    lea