Duragesic Patch

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cpalance, Oct 26, 2002.

1. cpalance

cpalance New Member

I just went on the Duragesic Patch yesterday.(This was Friday) 75's and it didn't help at all yesterday, still had to take my Lortab. Today I am high as a kite and can't keep my eyes open. (no pain though)
    My question is, after you are on them for a while do you level out? Will I not feel sooooooo tired and will it level out to the point where I just don't have pain and I won't feel "out of it" once it is in my system? I love not having any pain, but if I can't function, that isn't good either. I love the fact that I woke up this AM and didn't have any pain.(This was Saturday) But now I have a migraine headache.
    Tracy I read your other post which was very informative, and I will be calling Janssen (maker of Duragesic Patch)for some clear patches to go over these,as you mentioned in your post. Mine is falling off already. I also wanted to know what the "Gel Deoderant" is suppossed to do? It seems to itch a little, will the deoderant help that, or is that to help keep them on?
    Thanks in advance for any information you can give me.
    Cindy
  2. cpalance

cpalance New Member

I just went on the Duragesic Patch yesterday.(This was Friday) 75's and it didn't help at all yesterday, still had to take my Lortab. Today I am high as a kite and can't keep my eyes open. (no pain though)
    My question is, after you are on them for a while do you level out? Will I not feel sooooooo tired and will it level out to the point where I just don't have pain and I won't feel "out of it" once it is in my system? I love not having any pain, but if I can't function, that isn't good either. I love the fact that I woke up this AM and didn't have any pain.(This was Saturday) But now I have a migraine headache.
    Tracy I read your other post which was very informative, and I will be calling Janssen (maker of Duragesic Patch)for some clear patches to go over these,as you mentioned in your post. Mine is falling off already. I also wanted to know what the "Gel Deoderant" is suppossed to do? It seems to itch a little, will the deoderant help that, or is that to help keep them on?
    Thanks in advance for any information you can give me.
    Cindy
  3. nancyneptune

nancyneptune New Member

Cindy, I was on that patch during a flare a few years ago. It didn't stop the pain, but I was a total space cadet and it made me sooooo constipated that I had to go off it. I'm telling you, I usually have diarrhea, and this was monstrous in it's eonormity, if you get my drift. You know that Seinfeld episode where Kramer has to give himself an enema, and he comes breezing into Jerry's apartment afterwards? He says it was "Wet and Wild!" Well, it CERTAINLY is!! Hugs, N
  4. cpalance

cpalance New Member

Someone put my post in the archives.[This Message was Edited on 10/27/2002]
  5. TracyV

TracyV New Member

the clear deorate helps you not to sweat under them so they stay on better. I use the 50's, just started those 2 months ago before that I was on the 25's. 75 is a lot if your not use to a strong nacotic, my doctor told me that the 50's would give me a little more relief than using the 40 mg of oxyicontin 2x daily(that is what I used for the summer) he looked that up on a chart he had. Some nacatics cause headaches, espeacialy if it's a higher dose than you are use too. The deorate want help with the itch, just make sure to rotate where you wear them, and moisturise good after taking them off. Don't use them on the breast(the fatty area) they don't work as well, the upper area is ok, I have found my upper stomach(right below the breast area) works great!
    Hugs,
    Tracy
  6. AnnetteP

AnnetteP New Member

Maybe I'm lost (wouldn't be the first time), but I found this thread on page two, in the order posts usually end up, which is determined by the last posted entry. So, the post that was listed above this post, received its last entry AFTER the post the precedes this post of mine. (Clear as mud?) If the board is slow, ie. few posts, the posts don't get pushed to page two as quickly as when the board is fast.

Please don't take this as an insult to your intelligence...I certainly don't mean to do so. I just am trying to understand exactly what you are trying to convey.

Annette