Duragesic Patch

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Hopefloats, Jul 20, 2003.

1. Hopefloats

Hopefloats New Member

Hello everyone. I am new here, and I suffer from fibromyalgia and Lupus, and other autoimmune problems. I have been trying to manage my pain with Vicodin, and darvocet, and percocet ONLY when I absolutely need it. As time goes on I find that I wake during the night with pain, and My doctor thinks that I am a good candidate for the duragesic pain patch. He prescribed 25 micrograms to start.
    I have not put it on yet, as I always have HIGH anxiety about new medications. Does anyone here have any experience with this patch, and could you please share that with me?? As always I send out positive thoughts to anyone suffering, and I always hope for a pain free day.

Many thanks in advance..
    Hopefloats
  2. Hopefloats

Hopefloats New Member

Can I also ask anyone that has has an allergic reaction IF it was to the adhesive OR the medicine itself....I know I am just worried, and I need to get going on it..I am just a little afraid...Thanks everyone!!!
  3. Starr1

Starr1 New Member

I have been suffering with firbromyalgia for 10 years, the last five have been the worst. On July 11th, my doctor prescribed the duragesic patch. He started me on 50 micrograms and I put a patch on right away. it took a few days before I realized the on going pain had subsided. I am feeling better than I have in a long time, more energetic, very little pain, but I still use the odd 642 pain pill for break thr pain. I had some of the side effects, such as cold clamy sweats, mild headaches for the first week. All seems to be going quite well at this point. The patch made a huge difference in my life.

Regards
    Starr1