Duragesic Patches for Pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ferichards, Jul 14, 2003.

1. ferichards

ferichards New Member

I am new to this forum. I have lupus and fibromyaglia. I have been in alot of pain. I have been on vicidin for the past 2 years and recently it has not been working as well as it used to. I know after time you build up a resistance to the pain med. My dr. wants me to try the Duragesic patch and also use the vicidin for break through pain. Has anyone tried the patch and how does it work.

Fran
  2. Dara

Dara New Member

for break through pain. I have had no problems with the patch at all. In the mornings I still have to take the Vicodin and also late at night. But, the patch keeps the pain during the day under control. I am never pain free, but it makes it more tolerable. I have had no nausea, no problems with the patch falling off, and it seems to work it's full three days on me. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. I am on the lowest dose, 25, but I have a feeling it will be increased due to the fact that I'm still taking quite a bit of Vicodin for break thru pain.

Dara
  3. Tammie

Tammie New Member

Hi: I have been on the Patch for a year and half. I started out on the 25mg and now have worked up to 125mg. It has changed my life. I also take Vicodin for breakthru pain, 3 a day. Also, a comment on patches not sticking. If you contact the Manuf. they will sent you a cover that goes over the patch and it will not come off. These covers are free. Hope this helps. Tammie