duration of CFIDS

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cristine04, Apr 26, 2003.

1. cristine04

cristine04 New Member

just wondering for those that have gotten over CFIDS or know someone who has, what was the duration of the disease. i'm aware it can last for months and go away and that it can last for many many years. i've also heard that the quicker it sets in ie. bad illness, accident, vaccine the quicker it goes away.
    feedback is appreciated as always. have a nice day everyone!
    p.s
    i pushed myself today and am now paying the price..you all know the feeling. i walked probably 1.5 miles all around at an athletics event. yikes!!!
  2. cristine04

cristine04 New Member

thats interesting about the cognitive symptoms. this may sound silly, but what sorts of experiences do people have with cognitive problems? i've heard of the Fog but what happens with this? you feel forgetful or just too tired to think in the first place?
  3. Hippo

Hippo New Member

I think the worst experience I have had with cognitive problems is when I was at the bank cashing a check and couldn't keep up with the bank teller as she counted the money out in front of me. When she finished counting, I had no idea if the amount of money she had given me was the amount I had cashed the check for. Scary.

Hippo
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

My fog, which made me feel as though I truly were trying to walk through pea-soup fog, lifted when I started the Guai protocol. The cognitive problems are different. My memory, especially short-term memory, is affected as is my ability to do math in my head, understand what I read or hear, and remember what I am doing. I get lost going to places I've been a zillion times. I am not unlike a stroke survivor sometimes.

Since my surgery on Mon. my symptoms have disappeared, but I suspect they will return.

Love, Mikie