Dx with Fibro - have to return to work in 1 week - help!

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by deniset524, Jul 27, 2004.

1. deniset524

deniset524 New Member

I have suffered with fibro symptoms for 3 years. Last April I became so ill that I had to take off 6 weeks from my job in the school system. The dr that is now treating me took me off of all narcotics (I was on percoset and morphine) and now has me on Ultram and Neurontin. I have not had a pain free day since I began this treatment, and his only advice for me is to up the Neurontin to 5600mg/day and exercise more.

I have to return to work next Wednesday, and I am scared to death. My boss does not want me to return, as she believes that illness is a sign of weakness. I know this is playing into my dread, but I have to work.

Does anyone have any new info that I might gain some insight from? I would appreciate any and all responses - help!

Thanks,

Denise
  2. craziC

craziC New Member

Sorry you have to deal with this dreaded disease! You might want to post this on the FM/CFS board - you might get more replies.

Sorry I don't have a advice for you - hang in there,
    Crazi
  3. deniset524

deniset524 New Member

Thanks for writing back Crazi - I thought that I did post my message on the fibro board - how do I post to a different site?

Thanks,

Denise
    [This Message was Edited on 07/29/2004]
  4. Carol66

Carol66 New Member

I understand and I am in the same boat with you. Please tell me how things are going with you.
  5. Vada

Vada New Member

Denise: just wondering how you are doing? I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia about 1 year ago and am in constant pain since I am aallergic to all pain medications and arthritic medications. I also have osteoarthritis in both of my knees, asthma, and suffer from depression and panic disorder.

Last November I stopped teacxhing due to numerous problems with my boss and team teacher and am presently on short term disability until the end of the year. I am hoping to transfer to a new school, but still have many concerns over my conditions. I don't want to work for people who refuse to understand our disease is not in our heads. I am prsently having to takre numerous medications in order to cope with everything and itis very hard, so hang in there. Someday I hope things get better. LaVada