Dying in Humidity/smog/heat

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Manwithfibro, Jul 23, 2006.

1. Manwithfibro

Manwithfibro New Member

My FM is just in a mega flare here in CA...it was 100 with 80% humidity yesterday and tons of allergies and smog. I feel awful. Even my wife who rarely gets bothered has a massive headache.

I feel so awful. Ugh! Say a prayer for me. Thanks TC
  2. catmom50

catmom50 New Member

I moved from the La Mirada/Whittier area 6 years ago up to Central Oregon. Even though we are having a heat wave, we don't have the humidity like down there.
    I feel for you. Hang in there.
  3. Manwithfibro

Manwithfibro New Member

The smog here is horrendous. A huge brown layer of gunk. My wife is dying and cannot breathe. This is insane. I am dying to get out of this smoggy living.
    The air here is 10x worse than just a few years ago. I don;t totally understand why either.
  4. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i dont now what the humidity is...they just said really high..amy head is killing me...and muscles hurt..i've been in my apt all day today....

i can't rid of my pain from my head to low back...soon i hope it will be gone away...

it was 106 today..some areas 113 degrees in the bay area..

i can't wait for a cure for all of this crapola..

stay cool

jodie
  5. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

it is supposed to drop down to around 90 tommarrow...i feel bad that my son has to be at his father's apt...no a/c no swimming pool to go to....and no relatives in this state here..and his dad will be going to work during the day...

i guess he will come back for a better appreciation for the small things i do for him....

jodie
  6. natrlvr2

natrlvr2 New Member

I really suffer in the summer.It's gets nasty even way up here in Wisconsin. Luckily there is no smg by me at all but we get the heat/humidity.
  7. Empower

Empower New Member

I know how bad that can make you feel!

We finally had a cool down in PA. Last week was HORRENDOUS with the heat and humidity

Here in PA, it is either raining, snowing, or hot as heck!
  8. Bambi

Bambi New Member

valley it was 117 a few days ago and we have the Monsoon days here now, so very humid also. I'd DIE right off if I had to go out in it. Heat just does me in, even when it's not what most would call "warm". My husband works construction and I've never understood how he stands the summers here.

Luckily he's a foreman so he can escape to his air conditioned truck often, but for years he was a heavy
    machine operator and it was only in the last part of that that they started air condioning the cabs of equipment. No wonder construction in general wears a body our faster than most jobs. I read that men over 58 who have worked construction have less trouble getting disability also
    because they realize the wear and tear on the body.

Hang in there..hopefully we all only have a few more (in some cases) weeks or months (here) to go with the heat. We get our truly "cool" days usually by the end of November through April
    or May. I can't WAIT!
  9. mlrarr

mlrarr New Member

I live in Bakersfield and was just thinking I need to call today to go see the doc. I am having a hard time breathing also. I have a cough with a heavy chest!!
    It was 111 the other day when I was driving around. Of course on the news they said it was only 109 but said they take the temp in the shade!! Like the world lives in the shade!!!
    Hope you get to feeling better...

Melinda
  10. Manwithfibro

Manwithfibro New Member

She has bad asthma now from the smog. Allergist said to move and this is adding to our decision to move to Colorado.

Lots of expenses involved in moving...sales commission to RE guy, moving expenses, closing costs, new loan costs....blah blah blah. I wish I would have moved over a year ago. Could have done better and left on my own terms. I was
    fired from my job this year and I think it was due to health.

Take care
  11. laura81655

laura81655 New Member

Yes, it is definately unreal this summer. I live in the east county and now we have smoke from the fires too. If I didn't have AC I don't know what I would do...just wish it would rain and clean the air a bit....
    hang in there everyone!

Laura
  12. Manwithfibro

Manwithfibro New Member

Beginning in 2007, diesel trucks coming across the border will quadruple under NAFTA.

They are not required to have the smog requirements we have. Also, it is going to clog I-5.

I am ready to be out of this place. Beautiful place on a clear day and on vacation, but brutal to live here. So expensive and way too crowded.

Take care
  13. Manwithfibro

Manwithfibro New Member

Behind Houston and Los Angeles.

It drifts down here alot and Tijuana has tripled it's population and they are notorious for toxic air.

There are so few days that feel fresh here and I live close to the Ocean.

Stuff really bugs me. I think FMers are allergic to the smog.
  14. findmind

findmind New Member

If smog is killing your wife, I have to tell you I loved San Antonio and the hill country north of it (Canyon Lake). One can buy a lot with decent mobile home on it, and air is very clean except for mountain cedar in winter, esp.

$60K can get you a decent place to live. Major med center 35 min. away in SA; good FM dr. 20 miles away, too.

you really should consider it: post on Craigslist and see what you find.

Hope things cool down for everyone, and soon!

There's always hope!
    findmind
  15. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

I have a friend visiting from there I was talking with last evening and she said, "$700,000 for 1,000 sq.ft, to be smogged to death!" She is from the East coast and now lives there and was referring to a house they just bought on interest only!

It has been hot in UPstate NY and humid about a week ago, but only about 90. Best idea is to stay close to AC that has pollen filter on. This week has been lovely about 80.

In UK it got to 100 and they don't relaly have ac's over there.

Love Anne Cromwell