Dying to try my B-12 sublinguals I got at the PH store

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ilovecats94, Mar 3, 2006.

1. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

I can't wait to see if I'll have more energy, but I have a bad case of GERD and I don't think now is the time to start them.

Was wondering if anyone else had tried them and had any results to share?

I think once my son gets married and the stress gets less, I'll be able to deal with those pills.

Was anxious to hear of other's experiences with the sublingual.

Hugs,
    Faye
  2. eeyoreblue02

eeyoreblue02 Member

Please, please, please let us know your findings with the B-12. i posted a similar question awhile back and got no response so I don't know if no one on here has experience with it or if my question got lost in the shuffle.

I am very interested in it. Let us know. I wish you the VERY best results with this.

Linda :eek:)
  3. PepperGirl52

PepperGirl52 New Member

I have tried them in the past. Didn't feel any different at all. Sorry. Hope you have better results!! PG
  4. katsmi

katsmi New Member

Faye,

I take two (1,000 mgs. per pill) of the sublingual B-12's (under tongue) every day.
    When I do not take them I notice a difference.

I have very severe CFS, so I need anything that works to get through my day.

I also take Prilosec for my stomach and this can actually deplete B-12 in the system. I notice a sore tongue if I miss my B-12.

Since they cannot build up in the system, I think 2 is quite safe.

For my part, I will not be without them. Also, CO-Q10 helps for me (400 mgs. per day).

I really pray that the B-12's help you! There are no side-effects except more stamina, which is a GOOD thing.

Blessings to you! Kats

5. hoodnanny

hoodnanny New Member

I TOOK THE WHOLE BOTTLE AND DID NOT FEEL OR SEE ANY DIFFERENCE.
    I FOUND SOMETHING TODAY AND I AM TAKING IT FOR MY JOINTS THAT HURT SO BAD TO WALK....IT IS CALLED FLUIDJOINT....IT IS NEW ON MARKET.. SAYS YOU CAN SEE AND FEEL THE DIFFERENCE IN 10 DAYS. YOU CAN CHECK IT OUT IF YOU WANT TO.
    SHIRLEY
  6. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Okay, I'm going to try one right now. I got great results from the CoQ10, but in the sublingual, it seemed to irritate my esophagus an I am pretty sure I have GERD (reflux) along with the gastroparesis I have had since 1990.

I have the 1 mg. Neuro B12. I have been on Pepcid AC for years now.

My son is getting married on 4/2, and I've been a basket case about the wedding all year. Tons of stress for just silly things and my GERD is much worse.

I may have to go with the CoQ10 in a capsule and not the sublingual. I really saw a great difference when I took that, but my body didn't like the sublingual form of it.

However, I have been able to take sublingual melatonin and no problems.
    So, I went ahead to try the B-12 today. Tastes pretty good. I was going to wait, but you all made me decide to try it now.

Dissolved very quickly too. I probably won't know anything for a few days to a week, possibly more. Trust me, with FMS I need all the help I can get. I also have diabetes pulling me down too.

I'm sure I'm going to need something like Protonix or something like that and then I'll be in big trouble with the B-12. Will update you on how I feel in a few days if anything is different.

Hugs,
    Faye
  7. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Hi Shirley,
    I don't really have much joint pain. My pain is basically in my muscles and back.

You should make a post about the Fluidjoint and see if anyone else has heard of it before.

Feel well and have a nice weekend!

Hugs,
    Faye
  8. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Regarding the CoQ10 sublingual... Does anyone know if I could take that and just swallow it? Well I just did, but I wonder if it will still be as effective?

I saw tremendous results with energy by using the CoQ10 I bought at the PH store. I just should have bought the capsules instead of the sublingual. Oh well, I'm going to swallow it and see what happens. I don't think it can hurt.

Hugs,
    Faye
  9. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

what sublingual is??? I'm in UK, dont think we get that here.

I get the B12 injection once a week and it helps a bit, my mind is clearer and I have a little more energy, not great but enough for me to continue.

I also take Q10 capsules.

Thanks

love
    Rosie
  10. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Rosie,
    A sublingual is a pill that you put under your tongue and you let it dissolve there and it gets into your body (system) through the mouth instead of going through the stomach like most pills we swallow.

I've never had B-12 injections before and haven't even had my B-12 checked for a long time, but I felt it couldn't hurt.

Also I'm swallowing the sublingual CoQ10's now since they were causing me a problem in my esophagus by letting them dissolve in my mouth.

Hugs,
    Faye
    I bought both of my products at the Pro Health store here. [This Message was Edited on 03/04/2006]
  11. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

for clarifying that for me. I'll have to check those sublinguals out.

love
    Rosie
  12. spiritsky

spiritsky Member

If you're going to do subligual or oral b12, get the methyl-cobolamine form of B12 rather than the cyano-cobolamine version. The methyl form of b12 is much easier to absorb into the body than the cyano.
  13. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Spiritsky, that is the B-12 that I bought was the Methylcobalamin. The other type I tried and it made me feel like my hands were on fire. It was from another company other than Pro Health. I tossed it in the trash can. lol

Elizabeth, I'm just taking 50 mg. of the CoQ10, but I heard that anyone taking a statin should be on CoQ10.

Ouch, that is a good idea about the vinegar. So the B-12 in my vitamins is a waste of money. That is what I thought. That is why I like sublingual when it is available.

Hope you are all having a good Saturday. :)

Hugs,
    Faye
  14. MamaR

MamaR New Member

I sure hope that this works for you. I will try to keep a watch out to see how you are doing.

I will pray that you can relax enough to enjoy your sons wedding!
    I know how you are feeling! I had four sons to wed four great gals.....and even baked two of the wedding cakes. I enjoyed helping plan the two weddings...but so glad that it isn't now, or I couldn't do it.

I look at those pics and remember how much energy I had to muster up to do it....as I was starting to get bad with this FM then!! I might post pics of the wedding cakes that I baked to show you one day.

I will keep in touch.........mari
  15. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

I have a liquid CoQ10 that I take first thing in the morning because it is absorbed into your system more quickly. While it does not say that it is sublinqual, I always hold it under my tongue a minute or so before swallowing it.

I have the regular capsules for the rest of the day. I have read that they do not reach their peak effectiveness until six hours after you take them. I take one in the morning and one at noon.

I just ordered the sublinqual B-12, so I will let you know how I do with it.
  16. Meghanne

Meghanne New Member

...but I've been on the injections weekly for a couple of years. I'm not sure how much difference I really notice, unfortunately. And you'd think if the B-12 were going to help, the injection would sure do it. I do them myself.

Good luck with the sublingual. :) And the stress of the wedding. I have my own wedding to plan now. EEP!!!

Trish
  17. Meghanne

Meghanne New Member

OT...but I'd love to see pics of the cakes you baked, especially since I'm planning my own wedding. It's my second. I was married a year after college, and it lasted year. I'm 36 now.

Trish
  18. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Mari,
    Glad I won't have 4 to get married. The one is about to kill me with stress. Just 4 more weeks to go...

I know I will enjoy it because by then it will be close to being over with. lol

I'm diabetic so I won't get but a taste of the wedding cake if that. The groom (my son) has type 2 diabetes too and he isn't supposed to eat the cake. Too bad that they didn't get a sugar free cake made.

LittleBluestem,
    Good luck with the B-12 sublingual. I don't know how long before I feel any positive effects from it. I was so sleep deprived the other night that last night I slept for 12 hours like a rock, but I woke up with pulled muscle in my right shoulder blade, so don't know what I did during the night. lol I think I was just in bed too long.

The Pro Health B-12 sublingual has a strawberry flavor to it.

Trish,
    It isn't just the wedding, it is we are having company of 4 staying at a local motel. So they will be here most all the time. I am just wondering how I will have the energy to entertain 24/7 and deal with 2 hard days of the wedding.

That is one reason I started on the B-12 now. lol I did get a good amount of energy from the CoQ10, but I don't know if it will work taking it as a pill when it is really a sublingual pill. I'm doing this in the morning times.

Hugs,
    Faye
    [This Message was Edited on 03/05/2006]
  19. FMhurts

FMhurts New Member

I've taken b-12 for years. It actually helps my eye site,
    and gives me energy.I buy the liquid drops that goes under the tongue they go directly into the blood stream working faster, than any pill form.
    When my daughter played high school basketball I would give her a dropper full before a game, it increased her stamina, and gave her the energy she needed to play the whole night. Some people are defecent in b12 and need it every day.Getting shots from the dr. would be a great benifit for anyone with F.M. the liquid form is found in GNC stores in malls ect.
  20. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Hi FMhurts,
    I was on the liquid B-12 from a local store at one time. Now I have the B-12 sublinguals and since I already bought two bottles I'll try that. They dissolve really well and quickly. These are the ones I got at the Pro Health store and they aren't too big to drip down the throat. They really feel like they are being absorbed in the mouth.

I agree with you that we all should be taking B-12, especially those of us, like me, that have stomach, gastroparesis and GERD issues. I have to take Pepcid AC, now 4 of them a day. I highly doubt the B-12 in my vitamins is doing much good at all.

I have only been on it for several days now and I'm doing okay. ;-)

I'll stay on the B-12. Thanks for your wise words.

Hugs,
    Faye