Dysautonomia and environmental allergies?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Royler, Jul 26, 2006.

1. Royler

Royler New Member

Anyone here with experience in treating/coping with dysautonomia? I've been struggling with sleep-related issues for nearly ten years now, and I've just recently discovered the idea that one's autonomic nervous system can be "scrambled," causing a host of odd symptoms.

My problems started immediately following a bout of mono - I seem to have odd environmental allergies. If I'm around dogs, cats, pollen, even certain electronic(!) equipment, my ANS seems to go into overdrive. I get "tingling" all over my body, restless legs, sleep disturbances, frequent urination...the sleep problem, in particular, is what prompts great difficulty during the day.

Has anyone had any success taking some kind of medication to suppress a hyper ANS system? Zoloft seems to help, but not enough.

Do any doctors specialize in this? Can CPAP (sleep studies seem to indicate apnea) treat breathing cessations caused by dysuatonomia?

Thanks for any help.
  2. ABCDfamily

ABCDfamily New Member

I too have Dysautonomia which they are lumping in with CFS. I have Mitral Valve Prolapse which can cause MVPS/Dysautonomia. Go to (edited to remove URL per rules) and check that site out. I have found it to be useful in the past.