Dysfunction with Mirapex and Lyrica anyone?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lookingoutthewindow, Apr 9, 2007.

1. lookingoutthewindow

lookingoutthewindow New Member

I have been on these 2 meds only for the last 3 weeks. I think I used the wrong word. I still have the desire, but the inability to reach climax. Has anyone experienced this with these medications? I am frustrated and maybe need to go back to the dr. The last time I had this problem with other meds the dr laughed at me. I need meds for FM and have tried going without. The sex life improves, but I don't survive long before the pain returns and starts a flare. Help anyone!
  2. blkkat

blkkat New Member

But my other meds yes, (((((no sex life -THATS A BIG -- O -ZIP - NOTHING-- AINT GOING TO HAPPEN , I DON"T EVEN TRY ANYMORE,SO NOT FAIR -----!!!!!!!!!!! ))))))-- BLKKAT
    [This Message was Edited on 04/11/2007]
  3. JCD

JCD New Member

I was afraid of this. My doctor suggested I try Lyrica but after a brief period of Cymbalta, the sex life went to heck so I went off of it and now they want me to ty this Lyrica - I don't think so. How much did you take? I just came through a disappointing seven months with the Fibro & Fatigue Clinic and it did nothing and I dropped lots of money. If anyone is considering going to the clinic, be sure to ask if the treatment is a guarantee because mine wasn't, so I found out.
  4. lookingoutthewindow

I hate it for you and me and everyone else. There must be an answer. These meds are working for me, but I am falling in Love again and hate these consequences. I won't stop taking these because I feel better than I have felt in 2yrs. Hang in there.

Johnna
  5. lookingoutthewindow

I hate it for you and me and everyone else. There must be an answer. These meds are working for me, but I am falling in Love again and hate these consequences. I won't stop taking these because I feel better than I have felt in 2yrs. Hang in there.

Johnna
  6. lookingoutthewindow

Johnna
  7. lookingoutthewindow

I am taking 100mg and it is working. Cymbalta was bad news for me also. I had a blackout with it. Don't give up there is something that will work for you. Sad to say usually new meds work for a while then the flare and I start over. I do feel better than I have in 2 yrs. Thanks for your feedback.

Johnna
  8. obrnlc

obrnlc New Member

hi johnna,
    glad you have found love again, that always makes life a little easier!
    when i had this problem, started with prozac, then on so many things, not sure what.
    i now take mirapex and wellbutrin, and can testify that mirapex DOES NOT have this effect (thank God!), nor does wellbutrin.
    after 7+years of the other, this was a great benefit to me!
    i think that lyrica, neurontin, cymbalta, and others for epilepsy that decrease nerve function or sensation work too well on certain nerves we would rather not have "deadened", but for some the trade off for pain relief is worth it.
    so take the mirapex with peace of mind (from my opinion at least), it doesn't seem to have this awful side effect.
    good luck ---L