E Cigs.....

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BILLCAMO, Dec 7, 2009.

BILLCAMO New Member

I'm hoping this info about Electronic Cigarettes (E Cigs) is allowed here and I post this in hopes that it is..........

E Cigs can help a person quit or reduce their "consumption" of cigarettes.

They helped me quit smoking for over two months........until "other variables" kicked into my life....

The best source of info I've found so far is : e-cigarette-forum.com.(ecf)

The least expensive source of the # 2 & # 3 ranked e cigs is :bestecig.com. They come directly from China where most , if not all , e cigs are made. (At this time.)

The BE112 is a pen-style type e cig that lasts longer per charge and the BE901 is a smaller style that "vaps" better. I can't remember which is # 2 or # 3.......

The model 501 (different maker ) is/was rated # 1.

Almost any e cig has far fewer toxins......if any.......than a regular cigarette. A person can taper off the strength of nicotine clear down to zero.

There are lots of variables with e cigs including some just are rip-offs and junk.

My suggestion is that a person check out "ecf" before buying any e cig. Of course , e cigs could be bought through/via members of the ecf forum.

Do your research !

I just wanted to share this info with my family here. Hopefully , it will help at least one person.

Blessings ,

2. jole

jole Member

Thanks for the info. My hubby smokes, and I'd like to see him quit. May have to check this out, since it worked for you.

Do have to say I had instant misgivings when you said they were made in China.

Plus the fact that I'd never even heard of such a thing before, and thought you were joking as I read the first line.......sorry :(

But, it can't be any worse than all the meds out there that are suppose to help a person quit...and have all the side effects to go along with them!

Again, thanks, and I'll read up on this.............Jole
  3. stick2013

stick2013 Member

I think that there are safer alternatives out there than this......JMO though......There are patches, Chantix, Wellbutrin, nicotine gum, cold turkey, to name a few....But, whatever works is what is best.

I personally am the biggest reformed smoker. I smoked for 41 years, and quit cold turkey, 7 years ago. I now have Emphysema, mild, but Emphysema none the less. With only a 12% decrease in lung function, people say to me, well that's not too bad....No?????, Well then YOU try climbing a flight of stairs with only 88% lung function. It isn't easy.

I work out on a treadmill 5-6 days a week, twice a day, for 30 minutes each session, JUST to keep my lung function good. I don't do a sissy session either. For 10 -20 minutes I have the elevation set at 10% incline and do this at 3.0 - 3.2 MPH Then the rest is flat at 3.6-3.8 MPH......I WORK my lungs....I am also 56 yrs old, and have MANY other health issues....

Personally, I would love it, if the government put a ban on cigarettes....I would be the first one to sign a petition to have it put into legislation......
    [This Message was Edited on 12/08/2009]
  4. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

of such a thing. I looked on the net. Lots of technical info
    involving things like the USB passthrough. I'm afraid it
    passed right over my head.

And you have to plug your cigarette into your computer.
    What good is that if you're one of those daredevils who
    likes to laugh at fate by smoking in bed?

Thanks for the info, Bill.

BILLCAMO New Member

Jole , you'd be surprised to know how many things you use are made in China. The knock-off products are usually the bad ones. (I.E. , brake shoes and pads made from sawdust.) The e-cigs I mentioned above are just some of the good ones.

Stick , I've tried all of the "safe" products you brought up. Every one had negative side effects on me. The Chantix was the worst ! Among other things , it sort of made me like the Incredible Hulk without the bulk. I'm very happy I figured it out BEFORE I did something really bad.

Rock , an e-cig can be plugged into a puter for use by getting a USB adapter (if available). They can be used anywhere when the battery option is used..........even to "smoke" safely in bed. And they aren't as complicated to use as they sound. A computer is much more complex.

In my case , I've had no , nada , zero side effects from using them. Other than the urge to cuss when I misplace or drop mine. ;>) LOL

Blessings ,

[This Message was Edited on 12/08/2009]
  6. JimB51

JimB51 Member

How long have you been smoking again?
    Are you using e-cigs to quit again?
    Tell us how your progress is going and when you succeed.
  7. gapsych

gapsych New Member

Boy, I have no idea what you are talking about. This is something you plug into your computer? Does the computer shock you when you light up?

Hope this works for you. I need to do some research. Hopefully, I will be able to understand it.

BTW, I know three people two who had smoked over 40 years and one 20 years. The first person quit cold turkey, the second stopped cold turkey and after three months temporarily used the Wellbutrin. The third one went straight to the medication. None of these people have taken up smoking again and this has been over 5-10 years for each.

So what works for one may not work for another. I have heard that quitting cigarettes can be harder to get off of than cocaine.

Another good way to quit is to get pregnant as cigarette smoke made me deathly ill. Logistically it might be difficult, but if you can figure out what you wrote, maybe anything is possible? :>D

Good luck.

ETA I just read your post backwards and not only is Paul dead but what you wrote made perfect sense, LOL![This Message was Edited on 12/09/2009]

BILLCAMO New Member

It is IMPOSSIBLE for me to get PG.......;>) lol

And , I have enough problem reading forwards......let alone trying backwards,,,....:>) LOL

E-cigs have not been tested or approved by the FDA......and if you approach them from this interpretation of FDA , that won't matter :

Federal Dyslexia Approach...... Think about it.

If you or anyone else has questions about e-cigs , I'll do my beat to answer any of them to the best of my ability as soon as I can ! A person can also check out the e-cig forum I mentioned above.......

Just remember that I have the same limitations that many of us have with these DD'S.....

Also remember that that the 4th day of Thanksgiving Leftovers is very similar to many people using the " Cold Turkey " method......myself included.........:>)

Blessings ,