e-mail address for Dr. R. St. Armand

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by janieb, Jan 2, 2006.

1. janieb

janieb New Member

Could someone give me an e-mail address to contact Dr. St. Armand or his nurse? I'm still looking for a doctor in Wisconsin who uses his protocol. I do know there's a group out there, but can't remember the name or how to contact them; fibrofog

Thanks
  2. happygranny

happygranny Member

However if you do a search for Dr. St Amand and find a website called guaidoc, you will find his web site. Once you are there you will find all sorts of information available.

Good Luck

happygranny
  3. janieb

janieb New Member

Love your user name. Spent the last week playing with grandchildren and great nieces & nephews. They love to come and stay and we love to have them.

I'm still searching for a Wisconsin doctor. My fibro has been getting progressively worse for the last 8 months and I feel I must find help. Even my husband has realized how much worse I am. Because of a sinus problem, I began taking benedrill once a day. After a week, I know my fibro is much better. Do you think there is a connection there? Wouldn't that we wonderful?

Thanks, again.
  4. Smiffy

Smiffy Member

You can do the protocol without seeing a doctor (I'm in the UK, where no-one offers it). You need a copy of Dr St Amand's 'What your doctor may not tell you about fibromyalgia ' to follow exactly ( confusingly, he also has another book out with the same name but the word 'fatigue' on the end - this is more about his diet for those of us with hypoglycemia).

Next you need to check & possibly change all your toiletries, dental products & make up to sal-free ones. There is a comprehensive list of these on the Guai group website, or you can purchase them from the Marina del Ray pharmacy website. You also need to use gloves when doing housework or gardening. Other common products with sals in are razors with aloe vera strips, & tissues or toilet wipes containing aloe.

Then you need to ensure you have bought a recommended brand of Guai, as they don't all work. The ones sold here are fine.

Lastly, you need to find the dose that makes you feel tolerably worse as the phoshates leave your body. You start at 300mg twice a day & increase the dosage until you find the effective one for you.

You also need lots of patience - this is no quick fix. Good luck!

5. janieb

janieb New Member

I have the exact book you wrote about. I've read it once and if I'm going to try to do this without a doctor, I'm going to be referring to it often.

Thanks for all your help. I've never been part of a group before.
  6. Bluebottle

Bluebottle New Member

Best wishes with this Janie; you'll also need to avoid ingesting asprin & herbal remedies & teas, especially mint. After a while avoiding the sals becomes just something you do automatically.
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

It's OK to give the name of his e-address. I think this website is mentioned there as a supplier of the Gaui.

Love, Mikie
  8. janieb

janieb New Member

And wouldn't you just know that our family has been a big supporter of natural remedies. My kids want mint tea when their stomach is upset and natural oils in the humidifier when they have a cold. I used mint tea as recently as last night and feel terrible today.

Thanks so much for your help.
  9. janieb

janieb New Member

I tried to become a user on the guaidoc message center, but it's way too complicated. Finally mailed them back telling them to forget it. I've used a computer since you transmitted over the telephone lines to a university or tech school, but theirs frustrates me. Maybe it's the fibrofog. It doesn't appear that I'm going to find a doctor near home. Made an appointment with my family doctor in Eau Claire for tomorrow. Big knots in my back today and they're really hurting.

I'm having lots of problems with my sinuses. It's bad early in the day and gets better as the day goes on. Is that normal?