e-mail addresses confused?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by blast, Oct 24, 2002.

1. blast

blast New Member

I have a question about e-mail addys. Are u allowed to post them or not? What are the rules? Can you list your own and not Doctors, product companies, etc..?
    Help me out here cuz I'm a bit confused!
    Thx,
    Sherri
  2. blast

blast New Member

I have a question about e-mail addys. Are u allowed to post them or not? What are the rules? Can you list your own and not Doctors, product companies, etc..?
    Help me out here cuz I'm a bit confused!
    Thx,
    Sherri
  3. stillafreemind

stillafreemind New Member

I am going to bump this for ya..cause I am a little confused myself.
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

You can list your own eaddress, but it is not a good idea to do so this is an open forum. It is open to the public at large.

As for as companies and doctors, I would imagine you need to have the permission of the doctor. Companies I think are not allowed anymore. I have been gone for almost a month and I think they changed those rules a bit, so Mikie will let you know in the morning.

Hope this helped a little!

Shalom, Shirl

5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

You may either post your e-mail address on the board or in your profile. Personally, I think it's not the best idea because it's like inviting strangers into your home. My computer was hacked and destroyed this last year. I have a great firewall and virus protection, but a hacker can turn your computer on remotely unless your modem is disconnected completely. When your computer is off, disconnect the line that leads to the phone, or your cable if you have a cable fast line. Just turning off the modem will not work. I learned that the hard way.

We are not allowed to post URL's of websites. Either provide the info here or give a recap and enough info so that people can easily find the website using Google or Yahoo. Hope this helps.

Love, Mikie