ear pain again

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by furby_wannabe, Jun 29, 2008.

1. furby_wannabe

furby_wannabe New Member

does any one have a prblem with there ears when the wether changes from cold to hot or the other way round ? Inever got ear acks be for now this is number 2 in a year any one have this two
  2. AngelBride

AngelBride New Member

Hi Furby...
    Sounds like u and I have exactly the same problem...i hate it when the weather changes....especially when its windy...then my ears REALLY ache....try putting cotton in ur ears when u go out and see if that helps..
    I would definitely see ur doctor just to be sure you don't have anything seriously wrong...
    Keep me posted..will be happy to chat with you...anytime!

Gentle Hugs,
  3. Missizzy

Missizzy New Member

I have had horrible shooting ear pains since the day of my onset, four years ago. I do think that the pain is worse when the barometric pressure changes. The pain is very sharp and deep but extremely transient. By the time I've grabbed my ear and cried out, it's gone. The doctors at the Mayo Clinic thought that it was somehow caused by the "vestibular assault" that caused my onset. I also lost 40% of my hearing in one ear at my onset. Both ears have the pain, though.

As far as I know, there is nothing we can do to stop the pain. If you figure anything out, please let us know.

4. Elisa

Elisa Member

Yes I have had ear pain - if I drank something hot and then went out into the cold or vice versa...

Treatment: Ear Candling works well - but you will need to have someone help you do it - it's worth a try.

Of course ear muffs or a hat may help in addition to the cotton balls in your ears.

God Bless,