EAR PAIN

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sunshine5050, Aug 29, 2005.

1. sunshine5050

sunshine5050 New Member

HELLO EVERYONE,DOES FM CAUSE YOUR EARS TO HURT? IT ISN'T REALLY AN EAR ACHE.IT IS JUST PAIN SHOOTING DOWN DEEP ,LIKE MAYBE INNER EAR.I AM LIGHT HEADED ALL THE TIME TOO.THANK YOU FOR YOUR INFORMATION.
    SUNSHINE
  2. puppyfreak

puppyfreak New Member

I know one cause of ear pain can be TMJ [from grinding or clenching your teeth, either consciously or when asleep].
    I have this and it isn't constant but sometimes I wake up with pain in one or both ears and I know I've been clenching in my sleep again!

Char
  3. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

Mine is being caused by Mastoiditis, and I take Soma for it, along with Zithromax.
    I see an ENT for this, and it took a couple of years for the PCP, to send me to one.
    I had a Brain MRI, and they finally saw the problem.

I also have CMPD, and some of the Trigger points, cause similiar pain, and the FMS adds to the Pain load.

Be sure to see a Dr. for this, if you haven't yet.
    My Ear Plugs up, and aches, and when I wake up , I have a ton of Flym to spit out because of it draining during my sleep.

I hope you feel better today.
    sharonk
  4. NevadaRN

NevadaRN New Member

First off,yes see your DOC,however something interesting I was told by a Endocrinologist at Stanford. thyroid disease can cause sharp ear pain. I had never heard that but had awful pain in my right ear prior to being diagnosed with Hashimotos.
    Nevada
  5. DVoit

DVoit New Member

I have ear pain. I keep thinking it is something other than FM causing it. I suffer with it sometime. What is that all about. I will never understand what is causing this pain through me. I can't grasp it.

I use a heated rice bag all the time on my ears.

Good luck

Donna