ear problems and fms/cfs?? please help!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by inpain3, Nov 10, 2002.

1. inpain3

inpain3 New Member

for the past 2 weeks or so, my ears have been itching real bad. way down inside.....
    i have q-tipped, ear dropped and peroxided them till my head floats..and they still itch.
    the doc gave me the drops for them to help ease pain and irritation (itching) and i wanted to know if this is normal with cfs/fms.
    thanx!

ip3
  2. inpain3

inpain3 New Member

for the past 2 weeks or so, my ears have been itching real bad. way down inside.....
    i have q-tipped, ear dropped and peroxided them till my head floats..and they still itch.
    the doc gave me the drops for them to help ease pain and irritation (itching) and i wanted to know if this is normal with cfs/fms.
    thanx!

ip3
  3. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

I just asked my husband about itchy ears. He is an Audiologist. He said it's probably dry skin and has nothing to do with fibromyalgia or CFS. I hope this helps.

Annette2
  4. granmama

granmama New Member

By any chance do you use hairspray?
    If so, cover your ears when you are spraying. Hairspray can go inside the ear and dry, causing flakes and itching.

Just a theory.

granmama
    [This Message was Edited on 11/10/2002]
  5. Myth

Myth New Member

I get that, but I think in my case it is just because I am prone to ear infections ever since I got my wisdom teeth pulled and also to sinus colds. Talk about an irritating sensation though! An itch that simply cannot be delt with. I personally cannot use Q-tips since they cause pain and at times an ear infection.
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

This is probably itching way down into the eustation (sp?) tubes. Putting things into the ears to ease the itch can introduce bacteria and cause ear infections. What I have found effective is to insert my little finger into the ear just enough to form a seal and quickly pull the finger slightly in and out. It seems to stop the itch and the finger doesn't go in far enough to cause the infections. Of course, wash your hands both before and after doing this.

Love, Mikie