Ear "Tickles" anyone else with this?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by mjwarchol, Aug 28, 2005.

1. mjwarchol

mjwarchol New Member

I have had "tickling in my ear for the past 3 months. It almost feels like something is moving in it, but the doctor checked and it's clear. Sometimes it feels like inside the ear and sometimes it's the top of the ear or behind the ear or the lobe. I had dizzy spells about the time this all started too. They eased up until today actually. Has anyone else had this strange feeling, and if so what did they do about it? My doc thought it was inflamation from the nerves coming off the brachial plexus. He gave me Mobic (antiinflamatory) last week, but no help.

Thanks for anyone help.

M J
  2. shelbo

shelbo New Member

I normally end up sticking cotton buds (qtips) in my ears! you're not alone!
  3. Francey54

Francey54 New Member

I get that tickle too. I hate it! Sometimes I think ants got into my ears and it is really bothersome. Don't know if it's part of our FM but it seems some people do have that quirk too.

Hugs,
    Francey
  4. mjwarchol

mjwarchol New Member

Bumping, but also have severe dizzy spells again just like I had in July. I am walking to the right but my body is going to the left! They nexer found the answer to my dizzy spells. Had an MRI of ears and that was normal.

The fibro is bad enough, but I hate the dizzy spells. I can't get around at all. Has anyone found an answer to their dizzy spellls or the ear tickling? And yes it does feel like ants got in there sometimes! HELP!
  5. Bailey-smom

Bailey-smom New Member

I get tickles inside my ears quite often. I had one doctor tell me - years ago - that I clean them too often?!? All I know is that it is annoying. I, too, use q-tips even though they say not to.
    Kelly
  6. purpleleaves

purpleleaves New Member

Oh, the tickles are the worst--I make that awful scratching your throat noise until it stops. My ears are always draining clear fluid, and one side is plugged--I hold my nose and blow to pop it, and I just hear the sqeak of fluid, no pop.

Maybe try taking Benedryl or some type of allergy med on a regular basis to see if it clears.
  7. WoodstocksMusic

WoodstocksMusic New Member

scratch scratch......

have you been swimming alot?

I have and I know it is all the extra water I have to drain from my ear after my evening swims.
  8. mjwarchol

mjwarchol New Member

Thanks for your help. I did see a doctor and my ears are perfectly clean. I was swimming last week, but I don't put my head in the water. Actually, since the dizziness came back so fierce Sunday my doctor wants me evaluated by a neurologist. I can't get an appointment until 9/26. All this other stuff is bad enough, but with the dizziness I feel so trapped and confined. Can't drive anywhere, can't even walk that welll! I may get arrested for a WUI (walking under the influence)
  9. ohmyaching

ohmyaching New Member

I'll get a tickling sensation from fluid in my ears usually when my sickness is flaring up.
  10. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

you might think about your sinuses. I had lightheadedness every afternoon for about 3 weeks and then it started to be all day and I made an appt with my PCP, then someone here mentioned sinus congestion in connection with dizziness and I went home that day and used my saline nasal spray and HOORAY the dizziness was gone.

I cancelled my doc appt!!!

Sonya R
  11. maggiemae55

maggiemae55 New Member

and every time i swallow i hear a click in both ears. i thought the tickle was due to allergies. sometimes my right ear would flutter like a butterfly was in there.

warmly,
    maggie
  12. scrappnmom

scrappnmom Member

I have that problem too! And it can be very intense! It does feel like someone put a feather in my ear sometimes. I also had my doctor check it and he said it was fine. It is always in my right ear and I have had a tiny hole in that ear drum, for years and years, from my ear drum rupturing with a bad ear infection. It has happened more than once. I have also wondered if it could be one of the symptoms of Sjogrens. I have symptoms of that, but no dx.
  13. purpleleaves

purpleleaves New Member

I had the fluttering too--I searched for info on it, but couldn't find anything, and there was no way I could convince my doctor that this was a real (and strange) sensation in my right ear. He totally brushed me off and it did go away after about 6 months--the clicking, too, has just developed--now that is irritating when you are trying to have a conversation and your clicking seems so terribly obvious.
  14. over50

over50 New Member

I woke up to really strange vibration kind of thing in my ear,it make me shake my head,it itched,I could feel something moving,I tried sticking my finger in there.I tilted my head and tried to tap and shake it out,it was such a weird feeling.I was scared,I didnt know if it could cause serious problems or not.I prayed like crazy,then I wiped a tickle I felt on the outside.It was a ANT.And I killed him. Im not saying the situations you guys are having are ants,or bugs.I hope someone has a good remedy for all the complaints.
    And what are you suppose to do if you know a critter climbs in your ear?
    Linda
  15. WeBee7

WeBee7 New Member

MJ:
    I had a PA work with me and my doctor (his suggestion) he thinks the inner ear crystals are not where they belong, and there is this "workout" that tilts your head to align them back in and you have to stay upright for 72 hours. My vertigo and dizziness went down after both sides were treated, and the tickles went away. Still have the "flutters" though. I can deal with that...the q tips are safe for now!!!
    karyn
  16. dontlikeliver

dontlikeliver New Member

That could also be Candida.
  17. Juloo

Juloo Member

here are a couple of things that have helped me.

For outer ear tickling, I use a saline gel, Ayr, on the end of a cotton swab and apply as much as I can to the part I can reach inside. It feels really cool and soothing and is comforting.

For tickling that's much deeper, like in the eustachian tube, using Sudafed to keep passages clear and wearing a mouthguard at night has helped. My masseter muscles have been so tight that it shortens the TMJ area. My hypothesis is that this puts pressure on the eustachian tube and doesn't allow it to drain properly. When I took steps to relieve that grinding and other stress, the inner ear tickling reduced quite a bit.