Ears Ringing 24/7 for years, Anyone have this.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by greatgran2, Sep 20, 2012.

1. greatgran2

greatgran2 Member

Onn top of all the CFS/FM/ Lyme symptoms I have the ear ringing is driving me nutter.. I have had this for years but as the years pass its getting worse, so bad it even wakes me up at night..

Been to the ENT he treats me for a sinus infection but still doesn't stop the ringing. Is is just part of these diseases?

I have tried everything and found no help.. Xanax helps me tolerate to some degree... tks..
  2. greatgran2

greatgran2 Member

Will try uping my grape seed ex.. Due to acid reflux I am off ibuprofen and how I miss it, helps with the pain. All I am taking now is my multiple vitamin, vit. d3, grapeseed ex, curcumin .. Hoping to get back to omega 3 and B 12 as soon as the acid reflux calms down..

I did use a decongestant and the ear ringing isn't as bad today still there but a softer tone..

3. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Active Member

Tinnitus (ringing in ears) is very common as we get older. A lot of women develop this as we go through menopause.
  4. greatgran2

greatgran2 Member

Jam which digestive enzymes , probotics do you take? Haven't tried the DGL and have slacked up on my probotics..

Tiger now that you mentioned menapause seems a lot of my symtoms started once I discountued my Hrt.. My doc said I could go back on them its been 13 yrs but at age 70 not sure if they will do any good..

Jam do you take any type of HRT?

tks and you both have a great day...
    [This Message was Edited on 09/21/2012]
  5. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Active Member

At 70 it is probably risky going on HRT. They are starting to think now that HRT is safest when used in the first five years of menopause. Starting it later than that is when you have the higher risk of developing heart issues and cancer.
  6. ILoveGreen

ILoveGreen New Member

Have you tried acupuncture? One visit did the trick for me and several others I know. It's hard to believe, but true that something so simple could bring long-lasting relief after years of suffering. For me, it's been over three years since I found relief. That is worth the price of a visit!
    I wish you the best of luck.
  7. MicheleK

MicheleK Member

Studies have shown that there is an increase of ringing in the ears with use of pain medications that contain codiene or synthetic forms of codiene and tylenol.

I noticed a huge difference when I went off those type of pain meds. My ringing disappearred after a month or so. Of course we are all different, but this is a well documented subject.
  8. FaithHopeCure

FaithHopeCure New Member

This has been the most beneficial product that has helped my tinnitus. Reduced ringing to 75%. I use it when the ringing is at its worse and it helps settle it down. I have to use use it consistently for a couple of weeks and that does the trick.
  9. greatgran2

greatgran2 Member

Thank you for your great input.. Jam thanks for the info for my indigestion and the hrt.. I go back to the doc next month and will ask about the test.. I think I had one about 3 yrs back and as far as the thyroid they have ck all avenues even went to and endog.. and had the antibodies test etc.. but I still have so many symptoms..

Haven't tried acupuncture would have to travel as we don't have one in the area.

So the tinnitus supplement helped? will read up on it..

Thanks again and God Bless,