EASILY PEEVED OFF!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by monicaz49, Jan 19, 2007.

1. monicaz49

monicaz49 New Member

So, am i the only one that gets eaaaaaasily irritated, overly anxious and emotional about things, overly stimulated when too much is happening at once, feel angry at someone for something little...you get the picture. Sometimes nothing triggers it...just a hot irritated feeling inside that radiates out.

I posted about this before. Someone mentioned i might be bipolar II...however..being that i have many many physical, neurological, cognitive and emotional symptoms I feel like it is part of the bigger picture of whatever is wrong with me. (CFS I am told).

So...I guess I just want to know if other people out there are dealing with this horrible problem. Oh, and my hypoglycemia does in fact make it worse, and also exposure to heat...but is NOT the sole cause of it.

Any thoughts? Oh and I tried antidepressants. They wigged me out...my body went haywire and I actually havent been the same since. I initially tood them for mild anxiety and now ive got 20+ symptoms for the past 2 years.
    [This Message was Edited on 01/19/2007]
  2. angelkisses6

angelkisses6 New Member

OMG! You could be talking about me,everything you just said is me,the dr upped prozac,and he said its panic and angzity? i dont know but i know i have to spend most of my time in my room by myself,and i have never been that way before i've always loved being around family and having family gatherings buut i cant do it now,well i guess its good to know that iam not alone but iam sorry that we have to go through this,take care.marieann
  3. natrlvr2

natrlvr2 New Member

I take a handful of meds. to begin with, but I have leanred throughout the yrs. I have to have Xanax.Anxiety/depression runs in my family.But through trial and error,if I do not take xanax I am a total crab ALL the time. I cannot stand living this way,thank God my rheumatologst gave it back to me.(also add in perimenopause)
  4. Dixie_Amazon

Dixie_Amazon Member

I have FM and when I am having a bad flare (like right now) I am a @#$%^. Easily irritated and/or offended.
  5. elliespad

elliespad Member

It takes a LOT to get my goat. Most things just roll off my back. I'm generally happy. Once in a blue moon I may get a bit oppositional but it is rare.
  6. saddlebred

saddlebred New Member

YES!!! I get that way a lot lately. At the drop of a hat I get reaaaaaally mad over little stuff. It was worse when I was on anti's. When I went off them I doing the crying and the drop of the hat. I've been taking vitamins for nerves that has helped some. My hubby use to be that way, now he's mello-ing out and I'm getting cranky. My daughter's school LOVES to she me coming. Last time I had to go up there I SLAMMED out of there. My hubby stayed and remained cool.

Don't know if this helps any. Glad to know I'm not the only one out there!
  7. NashCag

NashCag New Member

That does sound like symptoms of anxiety.
    I just started taking something called Buspar. It takes a bit longer to work, but it doesn't have sedating effects, and does not give withdrwal symptoms.
    I take care of my Mom, she has ALS or Lou Gehrigs, and lately I've noticed a difference in my personality. Not anger, but other symptoms.
    Buspar may be worth looking into.
  8. monicaz49

monicaz49 New Member

Great. Thanks all.
    I have tried medications...some actually have INCREASED my symptoms. LOL
  9. California31

California31 New Member

Been reading Ehkert Tolle's New Earth....he gives some clues on how to address "being offended"....not a perfect science...sometimes I use Bach Flower remedies... I certainly have been quick on the draw much of my life..and particularly when I'm in pain,,,really working on being present...and taking care of business in the moment..as much as possible...
    There certainly were times when various meds....helped by degree...as did some counselling....
    Wishing us all....peace....
  10. judithjjjj1064

judithjjjj1064 New Member

One day my sister asked me about a box of sheets in the basement, I told her I did not move the box. Next my mom comes in like the Grand Inquisitor in the Dark Ages and starts to grill me, all that was missing was the Rack./ I found my blood pressure rising and my face getting hotter with each subsequent questions, I was clutching my sheets so tightly that i left nail inpressions in my hand through the sheet. When she left I just broke down in tears. Finally I have to admit I felt like i was having post partum depression, without the partum, my babies are 21 and 23. I dont keep my grand children as much because they work a good nerve, just being themselves, they are so precious and I do not want to snap at them. My rhuema told me that i might need to be on paxil. I am trying to avoid that, since I am home and bed bound, i am alone in my room and do not deal with others with any great frequency, so I do not irritate myself. Since I am unable to work i see no need to use Paxil. Prayer helps so so so so so very much for me./ Even though the drs. say there is no cure I know that is wrong God can cure anything and I greet each day with expectations of healing and I am never disappointed, because I am alive to even feel pain, that to me is a blessing in and of itself. I pray you find some relief soon. God bless YOU
  11. monicaz49

monicaz49 New Member

Yes everyone thought i was post partum...but thats not it at all. Sometimes no one has to be around and i feel that irritability OR chronic anxiety inside me wanting to burst out.
    It scares me more than the fatigue.
  12. FibroPainSufferer

FibroPainSufferer New Member

I’m glad to hear I’m not the only one!

I get even more irritated when my mom tells me “You can’t act like that” I’d love for my family to experience Fibro for only 1 day & then we’ll see! It’s not like I want to be this way! I really got agitated when my pain doctor told me only after 3 months that he wants to take me off the pain medicine which is the only thing that helps me.

I’d just like to lead a normal life...no pain, fatigue, depression, upset stomachs, headaches, etc...Yeah, I’m easily peeved off too :)
  13. karinaxx

karinaxx New Member

my son too. (both cfids, so its hard)
    if some one else would listen to both of us, they most probably think we are mental cases, we are in a way.......
    i think it has several reasons, fatigue, brain in overdrive, sensory overload ect.,pain....no wonder!!!

trying to controll it, but not very succesfull.

karina
  14. fungirl2100

fungirl2100 New Member

I am typically a pretty positive easy go lucky gal, but in a pain flare I am someone else. I now that Trazadone has caused me some issues & thank goodness I am not on it anymore. I think that contributed to part of my mood swings & crazy feelings I was having. I was fairly okay without the Trazadone. I went nuts on it. I wouldn't recommend Trazadone to a cockroach, but I know it does help some just not me.....

See there's the anger ;)

fun-

15. fungirl2100

fungirl2100 New Member

I am typically a pretty positive easy go lucky gal, but in a pain flare I am someone else. I now that Trazadone has caused me some issues & thank goodness I am not on it anymore. I think that contributed to part of my mood swings & crazy feelings I was having. I was fairly okay without the Trazadone. I went nuts on it. I wouldn't recommend Trazadone to a cockroach, but I know it does help some just not me.....

See there's the anger ;)

fun-

16. phoebe1

phoebe1 New Member

Sometimes I can be a MONSTER! Especially when I have PMS, I once came home from work to discover my husband ate all my chocolate, I went nuts! I acted like a mad person and demanded to know how he can eat my chocolate when he knows very well that it is pms time? I went on and on and ordered him to immediately get of the couch and go buy me a stash.

The next day when I came home he ate the chocolate he bought to replace the ones he ate the previous night and left me 2 tiny blocks, I exploded! I wanted to hit him over the head with the bottle of wine I was then desperately reaching for.

Other times, I am just irritable for NO reason, it is a horrible miserable feeling that I can't stand. It feels like it's crawling under my skin and just waiting to burst out and take someone's head off. I think it must be the pain, I also think I go through "cycles" of depression.
    Times like that I've got a very short fuse and am rude when people talk to me, I would actually prefer that everybody just leave me alone when I feel like that.
    I am even irritated with myself for feeling so irritated and angry at the world.

Phoebe
  17. Callum

Callum New Member

My therapist just introduced me to EFT - I'm pretty open-minded, but when we started, I was thinking "has the therapist I love and respect lost it?!"

WOW! I was blown away by it. In the past few weeks, I have integrated it as often as I can, not only to deal with past pains but to deal with current frustrations as they arise.

I find I'm VERY irritable right before going into a bad flare - I feel like my nerves have just been sandpapered. This is also when I feel like I can't quite sit still - but I'm not feeling in the least "manic".

Callum
  18. PVLady

PVLady New Member

No, you are not the only one with this problem. I am so easily overwhelmed, people are mad at me all the time. I have no patience.

Just tonight, I was in the store and aggravated because the grocery store wants you to have their "card". Even trying to use my ATM card checking out is a major ordeal.

As I went to leave, the store manager smiled and thanked me for shopping at their store. I really just ignored him, I guess you would call it rude, - just not in the mood to even respond.

I caught him laughing at me with his co-worker. I stopped, looked at him and asked if he was laughing at me. He went on to explain he laughed because I ignored him.

People never seem to consider someone may have problems and leave them alone. I am very worried about my husband's medical condition. We had a terrible day at the doctor's office - we wound up walking out. (I later found out all his office staff quit at the same time). Sorry, but I just can't be a nice person sometimes.

Another day I tried to help this man who was having a heart attack. When it was over and the ambulance came, I broke down crying for at least a hour. I was surprised at how upset I was. Its like I go on overdrive, then crash.

Don't be hard on yourself. We all do the best we can. You are a very nice person to even be concerned. Many people are mean all the time and don't care at all.