Easter, Topic for Christians.

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Sweetpotatoe, Mar 31, 2010.

1. Sweetpotatoe

Sweetpotatoe New Member

As Easter approaches Ive been thinking about Jesus, How he understands our suffering.

Forsaken, condemned, judged, abused, misunderstood, and killed.

The words that Jesus spoke, "Forgive them father, for they do not know", give me the wisdom and humility to try to do the same in my life, Forgive those who hurt and judge because they don't understand, but Jesus does.

Thankyou Jesus, for dying for our sins, Forgive me too for my sins and my judgment of others, we all fall short everyday, but we have hope in eternity when sin will be taken away, when there will be no suffering, until that day Lord help us to do our best with you guiding us through this life. Please have Mercy. You are a God of mercy, Your heart is merciful, guide us Lord and help us, we can't do it alone, may your presence be known to those who have never known you, Lord you are a God of miracles, you are in control, please bring help to the hurting, hope to those suffering, peace to those in turmoil, Lord bring supernatural peace into the hearts of those who love you and seek you, Lord above all please forgive us our sins, be gracious to us, shine your face upon us, and help us to know Your almighty Love for each and everyone of us. We give thanks and praise to you, In Jesus name Amen.

Peace and joy to everyone.
  2. Gingareeree

Gingareeree New Member

Thank you for the beautiful and inspirational post. Amen! "Jesus Christ is our Reedemer,Sing Hosanna to the Lamb"~~~ A Blessed and Happy Easter to all!~~~Jeanne
  3. Doznclan3

Doznclan3 New Member

Amen..........beautiful, I felt your love for Him.

Easter, what a beautiful time to remember the Atonement.
    I love remembering the resurrection. His suffering is over. He is there for us..He did all of that suffering for us, now to think of Him watching over us, guiding us, giving His love like no one else can show us, and to feel of that love. He is full of love and mercy. What an example in everything He has come and done for us. The biggest example of all being love, unconditional love for all. He wants that of us, and I'm trying my best to love others the way He would have me.
    I'm so thankful for all that He has done for me. I don't know where I would be today if not for the Atonement. I'm very grateful that I found out early in life, that He is there for me, as my life could have turned out very different without Him.
    So grateful for the beauty of life coming all around us, miracles of life all around us. I just saw my first baby calves out in pasture the other day. Waiting to see my first colt, or filly. I love them. My little baby chicks are so precious. When I look at them daily, I have to thank the Lord for them, they make me happy. My dogs too.
    Of course, family is the most important of all. My son came home today, and as usual, out of the blue, says, love ya mom. My husband is always telling me what a great wife I am..he is a good man, how grateful I am for him. I've truly been blessed! Grandchildren--so blessed!
    Thank you for posting this Sweetpotatoe. I've been thinking of Christ also this week.
    Love, Cynthia
  4. Sweetpotatoe

Sweetpotatoe New Member

I'm hoping to go to church tomorrow. I've been meditating and praying and giving thanks.

Cynthia you are so blessed, I'm so happy for you, yes we all have things to be grateful for.

I yearn to have peace and live the life God planned for me, it eludes me, This is it and I strive, my heart is to please God and do the right thing, yet for me I have to accept my lot and hope for better days.

The weather here is still beautiful, warm and sunny everyday, I'm sick and able to rest above all I have hope for a new day.

Bless you all this Easter!
  5. windblade

windblade Active Member

Loved what you wrote! You have such a deep faith - I'm sure it delights God!!!

Wishing A Blessed Easter to you, and to all who celebrate.

In Jesus' Name
    Judy