Eastern Vs. Western Medicine/WOW!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Bet2, Nov 13, 2005.

1. Bet2

Bet2 New Member

Moved from AZ about 5 weeks ago and I guess the stress of the move has really impacted my health. I have been feeling so good lately and now WAM!! Left my doctors behind so I had to regroup.

Started seeing an accupuncturist (from China) extremely wonderful lady. Totally understands and treats FM. What she told me was mind boggling about their culture vs ours.

Here we go:

"Don't excercise so much yet until we get this under control. Mild walking is okay if you feel up to it.

Stop eating raw foods. American's eat way too much salad. They think it will help them loose weight when actually the raw food is stressful on their spleen. Makes your digestive tract work too hard.

If you were in China and had this problem you would be put in the hospital for 2-3 months with herbs and accupuncture until your body was flushed of all the toxins that it has in it.

Don't expect the accupuncture to work right away. She gave me herbs and made me promise to take them faithfully. Need to stay on them for about 6 months and also treatment for at least that long. Wants to see me twice a week for awhile and then once a week for 6 months.

Chinese women do not drink or eat calcium and do not take calcium supplements. Osteoporosis is caused from all the calcium that we have taken. I didn't quite get the jest of that one, but she told me that dairy is not good for us.

I can't remember everything that she said but it is so opposite of what our doctors tell us. Oh and drink lots of tea, no coffee. No sweets and they don't eat much wheat either. Obviously rice, veggies and meat are okay. Organic obviously is the best.

Just thought I would share. I will let you know how it goes. Right now I'm not in very good shape :(

Take care,

Bet2
  2. cats3

cats3 New Member

Thanks for the information.

The one about osteoporosis sure surprised me.

Let us know how you are doing.

Take it easy.
    [This Message was Edited on 11/13/2005]
  3. Bet2

Bet2 New Member

I wish I could tell you what the herbs are. They are in a pill form and look like little black marbles, but it is all in Chinese language. I tried to look it up on the internet and there are so many chinese names on it that I couldn't really get a good feel for what it is.

She told me that it is to help the blood flow easier and to get the stress off of the spleen. Plus she is always looking at my tongue; she says that tells alot about your blood flow. Mine is not a good color; too white. :(

Bet2