EASY/Free word processing program?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by victoria, Oct 17, 2009.

1. victoria

victoria New Member

I have a new computer with Vista. I really hate their WP program, it is not intuitive-- at least for me-- at all. XP was simple/easy after switching from a Mac, why do they have to radically change it!?!

Anyway, does anyone know of an easy intuitive free downloadable WP program? All opinions and suggestions welcome!

Thanks,
    Victoria

2. stick2013

stick2013 Member

Openoffice.org I think 3.1 is the newer version......
  3. victoria

victoria New Member

I'd looked at it as I wanted a spreadsheet, but don't need most of what's there... I ended up using google for it so both my daughter and I can access and add or delete as necessary. But now... I will look at it more closely.

I'm thinking almost ANYthing is better than what's on my computer...

I'm also going to look at AbiWord - anyone have experience with it? Looks simple, maybe.

Thanks again!
    Victoria

4. victoria

victoria New Member

pretty much I understand what you're saying, have looked at toolbars etc, and also online; there appears at least to be some unfixable problems with my version at this time I gatherd :(

... but I played with it some, just found it difficult to figure out compared to the XP version which took no figuring out at all. For me at least.

Scary thing is that even tho we have 2 kids past 20, I'm probably the most computer literate in our family... ROFL...

Thanks,
    Victoria