Easy Peasy way to **Lose Weight ** Drink Water

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by PatPalmer, Aug 7, 2003.

1. PatPalmer

PatPalmer New Member

I`d never have believed this, but drinking water suppresses the appetite. I`ve tried and it really works...
    (Helps to have a healthy balanced diet too)

Try having a glass next time you feel hungry, it`s not always hunger pangs you feel, but dehydration!!!

A nice glassful 1/2 hour before a meal will help you to eat less...

Add a tiny pinch of Sea Salt to every glass and you will be doing more good for yourself than the Doctor could ever wish for... (I find doing this makes drinking tap water more tolerable too - softens mine)

The multifunctional benefit of this simple act are enormous for your health.

Love Pat.

PS. Using *Cellfood* - Find article through search box, could improve your energy levels too, would help with burning off those calories..
    [This Message was Edited on 08/08/2003]
  2. Shazzy

Shazzy New Member

Hi Pat,

Thanks for your tip there. I got 4 stone to lose and just started dieting a week ago. I will try drinking a lot of water. Can i ask why the sea salt?

best wishes.

Shazzy
  3. PatPalmer

PatPalmer New Member

Hi Shazzy,

Pure unrefined Sea or Rock salt has many nutrients easily absorbed into the system which help with a muititude of illness symptoms, helps with cellular regeneration, function, yeast infections, arthritis, healthy skin -psoriasis, eczema,, detoxing and keeping the blood clear.

Have you read my Sea salt article? It`s dammn good.

Good luck with the weight loss, a battle in itself...

Love Pat.

PS. Here`s a short article about salt...

Contrary to the claims of a very popular myth (that salt is bad for your health), 140 to 180 pound adults require every day the ratio and variety of minerals, trace minerals and elements in a teaspoon of unprocessed, unadulterated natural salt (real salts), because those ingredients are essential to perform the following functions:

!To maintain the body properly hydrated. !For the brain to communicate with the organs, muscles, cells and bacteria that make up a human being. !To prevent constipation. !To digest foods properly. !To strengthen the immune system. !To maintain an internal environment that is not favorable to the malignant microorganisms that cause most diseases. !To repair wounds. To regenerate cells. !To perform physical activities and to carry out a myriad of other bodily functions.

These are some of the reason why, regardless of what scientific studies done with table-salt conclude, the 85 minerals and trace minerals real salts contain will continue being essential nutrients for our bodies to live healthy and function properly forever.

They had to be present in the salt-water lagoon where single cell organisms developed a billion years ago. They were also required for single cell organisms to evolve into multi cell creatures, and for multi cell creatures to become crustaceans, reptiles, insects, fish, birds, and mammals. They will continue being essential to make the amniotic fluid similar to ocean water, the type of environment fertilized human eggs need to become embryos, fetuses, and healthy babies

An abundance of the ingredients in real salts are as synonymous with life today as they were a billion years ago before single cells appeared here. Lack of them is synonymous with birth defects, organ failure, decay, diseases, premature aging and death at a young age. Deficiency of these essential nutrients accelerates our departure from this Earth, because

the body is programmed to become progressively constipated and dehydrated

whenever it senses that its occupant is not consuming real salts and starts becoming partially, severely or chronically deficiency of the 92 minerals, trace minerals and other ingredients in real salts. And then

the colon becomes a cesspool from which the body gets minerals, and a poisoned well from which the body drinks while you sleep

to compensate for what people don’t consume, don’t drink, or are not able to retain.

4. tansy

tansy New Member

will help with digestive enzymes too.

Barb I became drastically underweight in the early years. That only changed once Candida, food intolerances, etc became under more control. The diet I was on would have helped most to lose weight but I did start to gradually put weight back on.

I do believe that a lot of these diets, therapies, and supps, aim at normalising the body. You just need to ensure you have enough calories and the basic nutrients we all need. Hopefully Dr H's treatments will enable your body to use all the essential nutrients properly and normalise your metabolism.

Ironically the downward spiral I got into nearly five years ago involved gaining some weight. That was a new one for me!

Love

Tansy
  5. NanceZ

NanceZ New Member

I was formerly a Coke drinker and lemonade and a couple other things with an occasional little bit of water. 5 weeks ago when I began with my naturopath I quit the Coke (after YEARS of addiction, it really only took a few days to not crave it).

I've been trying hard to drink as much water as possible and since I am a slow drinker it is tough........BUT yesterday, I drank 9 8 oz glasses!! I am very proud of me and pray I can keep up the water drinking over all.

It's worth the effort for our health and for our pride.try it, you might like it :)
  6. imagin

imagin New Member

just wanted to mention that when i started drinking 8-10 oz. of water a day, i lost 4 lbs the first week! i was just never hungry! so, it worked for me. slthough, i don't really have to lose weight, but it was good anyway! :)
    -kristi
  7. tansy

tansy New Member

Dear Barb,

I too find my body does not obey the rules. I have less fatigue if I keep my carbs down but over time found it was starchy veg and potatoes that were the worst.

Tried an Atkins style approach but my cells just do not want to switch to using fats/protein, hoping other things I'm doing will change that in time. It's another of those contradictions with me, what suits my gut does not suit my body.

Aware of hypoglycaemia and tendancy to candida but have also had to up carbs and risk more fruit. Heat reaction highlighted this.

So I'm not a bit surprised to read that you've had to increase your carbs too. I think the clue here for both of us is the interpretation of low carbs and maybe we both went too low for our bodies and metabolism.

Love

Tansy
  8. pam_d

pam_d New Member

When I found out I had allergies to wheat & milk, I stopped eating them, and added LOTS of good quality water---lo & behold, I lost 25 lbs. pretty easily (& it'd always been hard to lose the extra lbs)---I attribute this to both not eating those starchy carbs (like bread), AND water---lots of it! It really works.

Hugs,
    Pam
  9. Sunshyne1027

Sunshyne1027 New Member

I really do appreciate it when you post about drinking the water. Then now the cell food.. Going to check that out also! You are such a blessing here!

:)
  10. PatPalmer

PatPalmer New Member

I started practicing what I preach a week or so ago.

Only want to lose 10lbs and have this week lost a whole lb, which is amazing for me. I know exercise makes a difference but i`m either too tired or too lazy.

Has anyone else had any results yet?

Pat.
  11. j9miller

j9miller New Member

I drink water ALL the time. I have a 32oz mug that I drink from. I drink a minimum of 4 of these a day and sometimes 7 or more. I should be skinny and I am far from it. I need to lose 100 pounds according to the charts, 60 according to me. :)
    I did just find out I am hypothyroid so maybe that will get this weight moving in the right direction ... off me!!!
    Everyone, keep drinking that water.

Janine
  12. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I hate it when y'all use those technical terms :)

Love, Mikie
  13. ssMarilyn

ssMarilyn New Member

I drink it steadily all day long and its never helped me lose weight. The only thing that helps me is to cut out ALL sugars and starches, then the weight falls off. I also have read in many places to "not" drink water with your meals because it dilutes the stomach acids that are needed to digest that food, thus causing stomach upset, or only partially digested food. Makes sense to me!

Marilyn :)
  14. PatPalmer

PatPalmer New Member

Hi Marilyn,

Yes you`re right, we`re told to drink half hour before food to aid digestion, and then a couple of hours after.

One thing it`s done too is cure me of my IBS problem, although I have eliminated white bread & pasta, i`d still get gassy & bloated from time to time.

Right now my stomach hasn`t felt this good in 3 years.

Pat.
  15. needanap

needanap New Member

Drink water to lose weight? Well I've tried everything else! haha
    Just wanted to say thanks for the water info. I need to lose weight, this sure would be an easy way to get started.

Thanks again,
    Needanap
  16. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Can make us feel hungry when what we are is thirsty.

Love, Mikie