Eat, Eat, Eat!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JPach007, Nov 2, 2005.

1. JPach007

JPach007 New Member

Does anyone have huge cravings?
    Lately I find myself eating off and on all day long! I eat more than my husband at dinnertime, and then and hour later I'm hungry again!!
    I have been craving triskits with cheese...
  2. fivesue

fivesue New Member

a handful of those! Boy, did they taste good. No cheese, though. I used them along with a whole fruit drink for lunch.

No, I haven't been hungry for which I am very thankful. Does this just come and go? I think our bodies many times just need more food if we are normal, everyday people. Sometimes, we are hungrier than others.

So, don't know...but that's my take.

Take care,
    Sue
  3. AkaPosh

AkaPosh New Member

I don't eat when I feel bad or am having a flare unless I just had more shots then the darn injections make me want to eat.....maybe it is a side effect from a med?
  4. JPach007

JPach007 New Member

Maybe its teh Elavil that I take at night huh? I hear it can cause weight gain...If I keep eating like this, I will gain weight! And water pilates, yoga, forget it! I havent gone in 2 weeks! I'd rather hurry home after work and eat, take my pills and go to sleep!
  5. LollieBoo

LollieBoo New Member

I took it for three days, and I was ravenous the entire time. Even after a full meal, I still felt really hungry!

Just a thought!
    Lollie
  6. laura81655

laura81655 New Member

I take mine around 6 or 7 at night and a few hours later I want to EAT something like carbs or sweets. I refrain most of the time, good luck with this !!
  7. pirtpain

pirtpain New Member

EAT EAT EAT ALL THE TIME!!!!!I might be boring everyone cuz I have put this on so many boards but the Elavil makes you crave sweets & carbs.Cymbalta and probably other drugs also make you gain weight. This is one of the biggest complaints I have ever had about meds. Good Luck and I hope you can learn to control it better than I can or perhaps change drugs.
    PIRT
  8. Sachmo

Sachmo New Member

I was taking flexural which was good for the pain, but I could not stop eating.

My husband of 23 years would watch me and wonder where his wife went. Before and after flexural, I never finished a meal let alone appetizers and dessert

9. jbennett2

jbennett2 New Member

I want to eat all the time also. I do take elavil, but I take it at night, and I have my cravings mostly in the late afternoon and evening.

When I first was diagnosed with this dd, I had lost a lot of weight. I have gained a lot of it back, and work like he** keeping it off.

I just want to eat when I want to eat! Is that asking too much?