Eat, feel sick, don't eat, feel sick to stomach:

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by saddlebred, Oct 28, 2006.

1. saddlebred

saddlebred New Member

Is anyone having a problem with their stomach? Lately I feel sickto my stomach no matter what I eat. If I don't eat I feel sick to my stomach. My sugar is okay. That was my first thought since my husband and my father are both diabetics that was what came to mind, but that's not it.

Any sugections or help?

THANKS
    saddlebred
  2. carebelle

carebelle New Member

Try eating smaller meals. Peppermint herbal tea can be comforting.
    If it doesnt get better see your doctor.
  3. saddlebred

saddlebred New Member

Thanks carebelle,
    The size of the meal doesn't seem to matter. I can eat a piece of toast or snack on some crackers and I think I'm going to be sick. My doctor is out of town right now.

Thanks for the reply

4. leubie

leubie New Member

hey----ihave the same probelm---------do you think it could be b/c of our meds(if you take any)-----------i find that i feel alot worse if i dont eat before i take my meds--------------i take rx strength zantac------------it seems to help----------i can defitely tell when i have forgotten to take them--------------i hope you are feeling better soon--------------LOVE TO ALL-------LAURA
  5. cct

cct Member

Many CFS/Fm people complain about having flu-like symptoms. I feel fluish all the time . . .headache, upset stomach, coughing, etc. I attributed my nausea to these flu symptoms.

Everything I ate bothered me a great deal. I was the same as you. It did not seem to matter how much I ate or when.

I tried soft things like oatmeal, toast, saltine crackers, chicken noodle soup. All of the good foods that you are suppose to eat when you get sick. I would eat saltines every night before I went to bed in order to quiet my stomach so that I could go to sleep.

Nothing helped and I suffered for many years.

Then I went and and had my allergies tested and I found that I was gluten intollerent!

All of the things that I had been eating to make myself feel better were actully making me feel worse!

I stopped eating gluten containing foods and I am much better now.

6. quilp

quilp New Member

Try to cut out processed foods; do you have a lot of bloating ? Perhaps this is a sign of bacteria, fungus. If so I would definitely cut out sugary foods. Perhaps a blender to mince vegetables would help with the digestion. I also drink lots of green tea because it helps with the digestion. In the short term try having a warm bath and /or place a hot water bottle over the abdominal area. This has helped me in the past. Good luck
  7. Butterfly_of_grace

Butterfly_of_grace New Member

Thats me for going over a week now. I have had horrible stomach pains. Id rather not eat, but then I get hypoglycemia so I have to eat something...doesnt matter what it is, even if its a cracker or toast, it ends up causing bad pain. It could be GERD. I had a fundoplication surgery a yr and half ago for severe GERD and well, it diditn work cuz now its back. I took over the counter zantac the other day and found some relief...problem with that is that the zantac is now causing constipation which is triggering IBS.
    Cant win for losing thats for sure.
    Hope you feel better soon
    HUGS 2 U!
  8. charlenef

charlenef New Member

when i was like you it was due to acid sitting at the top of my stomach. do you have acid reflux? now i take dgl licorice root, gaucatonga and stomach enzymes i also take prevacid 30 mg and i still have acid stomach but it is alot better.hope this helps charlene
  9. Gothbubbles

Gothbubbles New Member

I was so ill at the beginning of the year I weighed about 105 lbs because I was so nauseous I couldn't eat ANYTHING. Chicken soup made me throw right up. I'd smell food and it'd make me throw up. It was frustrating because when I didn't eat, my stomach ached (it wanted food!)

I eventually got better, and now when I get nausea it's not as bad, it helps to eat pickled ginger which you can buy in a lot of stores now. Crystalized ginger would probably help too.
  10. aubrygreen

aubrygreen New Member

I too have problems with constant nausea... I keep a journal of symptoms with my specific symptoms alongside a scale rating for pain, nausea and fatigue each day as those are my primary symptoms. When it gets really bad, I've found that eating very bland foods work best to control it, for example plain oatmeal, baked potatoes without toppings, or a banana.

For a while last spring my doctor thought I had the symptoms of a peptic ulcer, and I'm currently being treated for GERD although I may or may not have it. Apparently taking 4 extra strength Excedrin every day because your doctor won't prescribe you anything better will tear up your stomach. >.> I've lost about 15 pounds in the past 2 years since this started; I find it very frustrating that people will ask me how I get so thin and then laugh and say "No, really." when I tell them that an ulcer is the best diet plan.