Eating Alive and Weight

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Empower, Dec 22, 2005.

1. Empower

Empower New Member

I started reading this book "Eating Alive" about how the digestive system is so important and when it goes haywire, you get all kind of symptoms

Anyway, one of the theories is that you have to wake up your system in the morning, starting slowly with a veggie juice, a little later a small fruit, and then later on combine your protein and a carb.

I did this mainly to try to feel better, and an ADDED benefit is that I lost about 5 lbs in one week! I was shocked!

It was really hard for me to do, because I love my carbs like breads and bagels.

Haven't felt better yet, but sure was thrilled to lose the little bit of weight. IT is REALLY hard for me to even lose an ounce!
  2. Bailey-smom

Bailey-smom New Member

I started to watch my carbs about 6 months ago. I pass on potatoes and choose a green leafy veggie instead - I do the same with pasta.

It was a bit hard @ first but I have gotten into the swing and am down 35 lb.

I hope you start to feel better like I have!

Kelly
  3. jaltair

jaltair New Member

I’m bound and determined to go low-carb after the New Year starts. This is NOT a resolution, only determination.

My friend found out she was diabetic and started on the low-carb diet. It’s been one year, and I bet she’s lost at least 50 lbs. She looks great! She has also said that she feels much better. She doesn’t have one of our DD’s, but diabetes is enough to deal with. I’m really proud of her.

This will be worse than when I stopped smoking. My determination is to feel better and drop at least 50 lbs in one year so that when I hit 60, I’ll at least feel better about myself, and even may feel better physically. I gained 60 lbs pretty quickly over the past 10 years since the symptoms have worsened and the CFS set in.

The weight gain that a lot of us with FMS experience is most likely because of just not feeling like getting out and doing anything physical. If others are like me, when I’m not doing something physical, I feel “down.” Then, add on the pain and fatigue factor, and eating may be the only thing that is pleasure for us!

I don’t believe that the medications cause the weight gain. I think that it’s the calories that go into our mouths. Wouldn’t it be great if the Board would start a message board in support of loosing weight?(!)

Fat and way over 40!

Jeannette