eating snack late at night

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fibolady, Oct 15, 2002.

1. fibolady

fibolady New Member

just wondering if other fmsers feel like they "need" something late at night. during the day i hardly have an appetite, mainly because i feel so bad in the mornings and you know how that goes, it takes until about noon or later to even have the urge to eat. i know about breakfast being so important, but just can't eat if i'm not hungry.

during a flare (this week has been bad like many of you with this cold, rainy weather) my appetite has been all out of whack. is there something to do to help with this. my poor stomach doesn't know what's coming or going or when, hehe.

now, with menopause at my corner, reading so much about NOT eating after 6, that it will go straight to your middle, i'm thinking, oh my gosh, just one more thing to worry about.

do you think eating fruit would be better, or would that just turn to sugar and head straight to the border (waist).

warm regards, fibolady
  2. fibolady

fibolady New Member

just wondering if other fmsers feel like they "need" something late at night. during the day i hardly have an appetite, mainly because i feel so bad in the mornings and you know how that goes, it takes until about noon or later to even have the urge to eat. i know about breakfast being so important, but just can't eat if i'm not hungry.

during a flare (this week has been bad like many of you with this cold, rainy weather) my appetite has been all out of whack. is there something to do to help with this. my poor stomach doesn't know what's coming or going or when, hehe.

now, with menopause at my corner, reading so much about NOT eating after 6, that it will go straight to your middle, i'm thinking, oh my gosh, just one more thing to worry about.

do you think eating fruit would be better, or would that just turn to sugar and head straight to the border (waist).

warm regards, fibolady
  3. karen2002

karen2002 New Member

I understand your feelings about breakfast--all too well! Breakfast should be served at noon, as far as I am concerned. Any time prior to that its ...just...so unappealing! No late snacks for me though.....as it feels as if its sitting in my throat, when I lay down to go to bed....
    karen
  4. ssMarilyn

ssMarilyn New Member

for me IS at noon because I get up between 10-11am, take my Synthroid meds and then have to wait an hour to eat. If I don't eat breakfast, I get real light headed, dizzy and sometimes an upset stomach. I do best on a high protien breakfast!

Marilyn :)