Ebay friendsI got my iron todayno ironing person

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by mollystwin, Sep 18, 2007.

1. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

Well, I got my iron today but without the ironing person, Oh well.

I tried out the iron and it works well. So I am happy with the product and I did get a decent price but......

I ended up paying 9.95 for the iron, 13.95 for shipping and 2.25 for bubble wrap and peanuts. Still not bad for a new iron that retails for $79. The total shipping on the box was only 5.70. There were no peanuts in the box and a tiny abount of bubble wrap!!! The guy made over $11.00 profit on shipping, more than I paid for the iron!! (If I added correctly)

I did leave him positive feedback because I was afraid he would leave negative for me. Then I noticed he had two recent negative feedbacks. One was for hidden shipping costs!!! Can't remember the other.

This guy only has sold a few items, so he doesn't have much experience with ebay. I'll bet he doenst last long if he gets more negatives. I think I was too nice, should have at least mentioned the excessive shipping.

2. budmickl

budmickl New Member

Is probably being shipped separately. Bubble wrap could do some harm there!!

3. sisland

sisland New Member

Yeah! You Got your Iron!,,,,,Sad~~~ No Lady included!,,,,,lolol,,,,,,,There are alot of people out there who rob you with shipping! went through that myself a few times!

Makes you want to go back and leave him a Negative Feedback for sure! you could go back and type in Excessive Shipping charges somewhere,,,,I'm trying to think of how you can do that,,,,,,,

If you contact Costomer service and tell them what happened they will look into it!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I Have finally learned how to check people out ,,,by reading their Feedback first!,,,,and by only buying new stuff,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

But yes you can report him to customer service!,,,,,,,,,,,,,Sis,,,,,p.s. have fun with your new iron! No makin' Grilled cheese sandwhiches with it!,,,,,,,,,,,,Lolol!
  4. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

Budmickl-Do you think he is saving those peanuts to ship with the ironing person? Maybe they are real peanuts so she won't get hungry.

Speaking of hungry-Sis-what a great idea to make grilled cheese! I never thought of doing that! You have a great imagination!!

Elaine- That star feature is a good one. I like that we can give some anonymous feedback. I did give him zero stars in the appropriate category!

5. victoria

victoria New Member

I've been watching on one of the TV info-mercials that there are steamers, one was an iron type... probably a bit more than you paid, but you wouldn't actually have to 'iron', just hang the garment and steam it. I've seen them do that to drapery also on the home dec shows!

I'm thinking this would be the easiest... I always have problems ironing stuff right!

Too bad you can't go back and edit/amend your rating?

all the best,
  6. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

Molly has one of these steamers. I have seen her use it. At the time, it didn't seem much easier to use to me. It's been a while, I'll have to ask her if she still uses it and if she likes it.

Molly??? Do you still use your steamer and do you like it? Does it work?
  7. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

lol - that's not on, no ironing person!!!

I've found that often on ebay that some people charge way over the shipping costs. I know it includes the wrapping etc., but one small piece of bubble wrap doesnt cost much.

Hope the iron works well.

8. sisland

sisland New Member

The grilled cheese sandwich thing came from a TV Commercial along time ago where a college kid wanted to heat up his G.C.S. and had only an Iron!,,,,,,,lolol!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Have a great day!,,,,,Sis
  9. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Only last night I was reading a book by David Feldman on the history of words and phrases. Here's what he says about Pop goes the Weasel.

Up and down the City Road.
    In and out of the Eagle.
    That's the way the moneygoes.
    Pop goes the Weasel!

Some Cockney slang here. City Road is a major street in London. The Eagle was a pub.

The tailor spent his cash on booze and had to pawn (pop) his iron (weasel).

Well, who knows? Might even be true. Even if it isn't, no need to get all steamed up about it.

10. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

I really do like the weasel, I mean iron. It works good!!! I'll have to make sure I don't spend all my cash on booze so I don't have to pop my weasel!!

Rock-What an interesting story about pop goes the weasel. I've wondered about the lyrics to that!

Elaine- Who should I serve those cheesy doodles to, Molly?

Sis, I don't remember that commercial but it sounds like a cute one!

take care friends and thanks for all the great ebay advice!!!

11. sisland

sisland New Member

What an interesting twist you can put on the Iron! lolol!,,,,,but thanks for exsplaning!,,,,,lolol
    [This Message was Edited on 09/19/2007]
  12. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

Thanks for the laugh!!! That was witty. This entire thread just keeps getting goofier!!!