Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by derekliz, Jul 29, 2011.

1. derekliz

derekliz New Member

What exactly does this tell you?

Mine came back.high at 265 normal.range is <200

my previous EBV tests from 9/2010 are:

Note: Index Interpretation
    0.90 Negative

Note: Index Interpretation Positive >5.00

Note: Index Interpretation Positive 4.14

Thank you!!!!
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

He/she should have explained what this means.

Love, Mikie
  3. derekliz

derekliz New Member

All my PCP said was that the elevated DNA PCR could be reactivation of EBV and sent me to. Rheumatologist who could not answer any questions or help me. I was looking for someones personal experience/results with this test as I am desperately searching for a physician who can help me
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Your docs have not been much help. Just guessing that the one doc is correct in that the EBV has reactivated. Did he suggest an antiviral med? If your immune system is making antibodies, it may force the EBV back into latency but an antiviral often helps. Do you have swollen lymph nodes or a sore throat. Those are often present when these viruses reactivate.

Good luck to you.

Love, Mikie
  5. derekliz

derekliz New Member

Thanks for your reply. Some Dr's just run tests then leave you in the dark...it stinks. This is supposed to be their field of expertise, not ours.

No swollen glands or sore.throat. just having fatigue, trouble sleeping, heart palpitations, heat intolerance and much more All thyroid labs normal but i have a 6mm nodule on my thyroid that they have watched for the last 6 months. Having a follow up sonogram at the end of this month to check for changes/growth.

This is all new to me. My pcp did not prescribe an anti viral. She sent me to a rheumatologist who was not helpful and I am seeing an infectious disease md next week who is supposed to be experienced with CFS and EBV. We'll see!!!

Are the antivirals helpful? I guess it all depends on the person, right?
    Hopefully the ID will run another antibodies test to see where my levels are now almost 1 year later and repeat the dna pcr to rule out a false positive.

Thanks again!
    [This Message was Edited on 08/03/2011]
    [This Message was Edited on 08/03/2011]
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I hope the new doc does know about our illnesses. Yes, we are all different so AV's may or may not work. I have found the transfer factors to be even more helpful than AV's. They are potent as they stir the immune system to go after the viruses. They can produce a BIG immune reaction. I always advise people to open the capsules and sprinkle just a bit of the contents under the tongue to start with.

In any case, wishing you the best and sorry you have been so sick.

Love, Mikie
  7. derekliz

derekliz New Member

What are transfer factors? Can you explain or post a link? I have not heard of that.

Thanks for the info and kind words
  8. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Transfer factors are sold here and it's here that I first learned of them. We do have a Transfer Factor Board but it doesn't get much traffic. I haven't looked in the Library here for info but there's some when one looks up the product in the Store.

I don't know how they do it in the lab, but they can replicate the "information" which various pathogens use to infect us. This info from several strains of pathogens is then put in either an egg base or colostrum (the first fluid which nursing cows produce before the milk comes in). My Mom told me that if a calf didn't get the colostrum from its mother cow, it would die. The Store also sells colostrum.

I think the TF's are like little oral vaccines which stir the immune system just as regular vaccines do. The difference is that no pathogens, dead or live, are used to make the TF's, only the "info" which the pathogen uses. How this info is extracted is a proprietary secret so I really don't know how it's done. My point of reference is my experience with them. They are safe, unless one is allergic to eggs. I don't know whether allergies to dairy apply to colostrum. Immunity isn't permanent and, like with regular vaccines, one may have to do "booster" rounds of the TF's.

The immune reactions when this "info" is introduced can cause a BIG killoff of pathogens and that is why I recommend starting out slowly. Too many dead pathogens in the body cannot be effectively excreted and they become toxic. This causes the body to purge them through profuse sweating, nausea and/or diarrhea. This is exactly like the Herxheimer Effect often produced by taking antibiotics.

I'll see what I can find in our Library.

Love, Mikie