Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Lillie17, Aug 11, 2008.

1. Lillie17

Lillie17 New Member

Does anyone know if there is a way to combat the viruses often found with ME/CFS without using the anti-virals?

Are there any herbs and supplements that help?

Also, can someone have ME/CFS without at least one viral thing going on?

2. kbak

kbak Member

The more viruses you carry the harder it is to fight. ME/CFS is viral, so I don't think you have it without something viral going on.

There is no one treatment that works for everyone. With most everyone here it's a matter of trial and error. The different things you can do or use are so vast that I would just read, read, read all the different posts, or you can go on the search and put in treatment for CFS.

You can also go to the library and look for articles on CFS treatment. What I have done for myself has changed with the different things I've learned. I wish you good luck on your quest and hope you find something that helps you.

3. heapsreal

heapsreal New Member

immunovir is an immune modulator/ anti-viral that people with cfs have found helpful. Immunovir is expensive but have found that inosine which is a cheap supplement and some docs say it is not that different to immunovir. I have been taking it for about a month and have had good improvement in all my symptoms. My cfs started with ebv and chickenpox.I dont have any lab tests to show any improvement in viral titres. I suggest give it a google and have a read of all the info on it.
    Good luck
  4. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

valtex for EBV and valcyte for HHV6!

i think you can have CFS without having a viral infection...i think chronic lyme disease and other things can also cause CFS.

all the best
  5. spacee

spacee Member

Targeted Transfer Factors. Prohealth just started selling them after not having them for awhile.

We have a Transfer Factor board here that has a good bit of info. Just click on Message Boards at the top and scroll down and click on Transfer Factors.

They do me a lot of good.