EBV is active again- HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bunnyfluff, Feb 7, 2006.

1. bunnyfluff

bunnyfluff Member

Just got confirmation. So, it is not my pancreas that is giving me trouble, it is my spleen that is enlarged, and my EBV came back positive for active virus.

I am being put on anti-virals. My question is this- is this the begining of CFS? Will this damn thing just keep re-activating time and again? I had mono when I was 16 or so, and never really gave it much thought after that. Now this.

So, I was told to take the anti-virals, get more rest, yada, yada.......I just started a new job!!!! Is this how CFS starts????

Help me, I am worried to death!
  2. GBHope

GBHope New Member

Mine was 640. Mine keeps on going up and down based upon how much I've pushed and how run down I am.

GBHope
  3. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

Even if it is how CFS starts, the fact that your infection has been diagnosed and is being treated could make a big difference in your outcome. Take it seriously enough to take good care of yourself, but try not to worry excessively. That could be worse for your health than the EBV infection!
  4. Kacjac

Kacjac New Member

I just found this post, I am concerned, but also confused, I also had EBV when I was 16....I don't understand the coming back part?
    What is the test called, so I could ask my Dr. about it?
    What are the symptoms, when it flares up again?
    Sorry so many questions, but I need to know!
    Im so clueless, any input from anybody, would be great!
    Thanks~ Karen
  5. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

Good work. We have to keep searching :)
    Dee50
  6. Paracelsus

Paracelsus New Member

Don't be unduly alarmed, Bunny. Epstein-Barr virus infects and stays latent (dormant) in most everyone, though most people don't get sick from it. Mono is an acute episode of EBV infection.

I've had mono episodes 4 times now (sick with the 4th bout as we speak).

Not a lot is known about why EBV reactivates from its dormant (or subacute state)-- but your overall degree of health and resistance are important. If you take good care of yourself and do everything you can to regain health you shouldn't need to worry about CFS as an outcome.

Some advice-- Vitamin C in very large doses is known to be effective in controlling EBV. If you do an Internet search under "Klenner" and "Cathcart" you will find information on how pioneering doctors used it when there was little else to treat acute EBV (and that remains more or less the case today in the 21st century.

Hang in there. You can beat this thing!