EBV titers really high

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by GBHope, Jan 25, 2006.

1. GBHope

GBHope New Member

My IgG titers are 640!! Anything 640 and above is suggestive of recent infection. This means that my Epstein Barr is reactivating over and over. That is at least part of my problem for the last 10 years. Yippee!!

GBHope
  2. GBHope

GBHope New Member

3. GBHope

GBHope New Member

trying this one more time

GBHope
  4. GBHope

GBHope New Member

but if anyone has any comments, the more the merrier, like their levels, etc.

GBHope
  5. HppeandMe

HppeandMe New Member

Oh my goodness! Mine was way over that even. I'll have to find the blood work for the exact number. I am not sure why you are saying yipee to it though unless they know of a way to take care of this. I guess you are happy about finding this out. I am actually a little worried to hear this as I have to much going on already. I tell you all these disorders really have a lot of factors don't they? It makes you wonder. By the way where did you get this information? I would like to pass it along as well. I am sure others will want to talk to their doctors as well or be tested for it if they haven't been already. It would be interesting to see what everybody's numbers come out to be. Perhaps you should pose the question.

Good topic! Thanks for the info!!

p.s. I love your name. What does the GB stand for? If it is part of your name you don't need to respond to that.
  6. GBHope

GBHope New Member

No, I'm not excited their elevated, LOL. It just lets me know part of the reason I've felt so bad as of late. Like you, 10 years ago, my IgG was 5120, then a couple of years later, 1280, but a month or two ago, it was down to 160 at the onset of all this, and now is up to 640. I am tired of this dumb disease and wish someone could help it more. As for the GB in my user name, that's my first and last name letters.

GBHope (Ginny)
  7. GBHope

GBHope New Member

Did I understand you correctly that you doctor thinks that EBV and the CMV, etc., are causes of CF?

GBHope
  8. GBHope

GBHope New Member

My IgM is not elevated, but the criteria for the IgM is elevated, which is exactly what you said, it is flaring and causing me to be sick. Like I said, a couple months ago, it was 160, now it's 640. I think it's flaring, LOL.

Ginny
  9. busybusymom

busybusymom New Member

Hi GBHope - My titers, when I first got sick, were 700X the normal. I was very sick. I recently had them done and they were over 240X normal. With all the other tests, my values indicated a reactivated infection.

I get IgG injections. I was told by my doctor that because my titers have been so high throughout the last five years, I will probably have to take these shots the rest of my life. The goal is for the IgG to bring the titers down into the normal range. I've been getting these shots for almost four years and have had 4 IgG infusions (massive doses of IgG, like 1800ccs versus the 10ccs that I get in injection form), and still have the high titers. This treatment is something you might want to try. Your immune system will be boosted, you will have more stamina (at least I do), and you, hopefully, won't be bed- or couch-ridden. I didn't get my shot for four weeks and I ended up cancelling dr appts and literally not able to do anything. I consider it my lifeline.

Good luck.

Jennifer
  10. GBHope

GBHope New Member

You mean immunoglobulin right? I remember when I was a young woman, I got something like that and a B12 shot from a doctor in Sacramento. Nobody much out here does that sort of thing it seems like. I'm in Toledo. It's really hard to find a good doc here.

GBHope
  11. bpmwriter

bpmwriter New Member

for all those tracking their ebv titers, have you noticed a direct correlation between your titers and the way you feel? do you feel better when they're low? worse when they're high?? i've always wondered if these numbers weren't completely arbitrary.

eddie
  12. GBHope

GBHope New Member

Every time they have been high, I am really sick. That's what I kept on saying to my husband was that I felt like when I first got sick back in 1995.

GBHope
  13. bpmwriter

bpmwriter New Member

i was generally feeling pretty good (it's all relative of course) when i had my numbers checked and they showed an active infection.

i get new test results tomorrow. i've been feeling like crap so i assume the numbers will be higher. will be interesting to see.

e.
  14. busybusymom

busybusymom New Member

GB - Yes, it is immunoglobulin. I just started giving myself B12 shots. Not sure if that's working as well, as I am under lots of stress.

Call all the rheumys, hematologists in your area to see if they do IgG. Maybe your regular doctor can help you as well.

Writer - When I feel like my old self again, I will know my titers are back to normal!! Unfortunately, in 5 years, they have never been close to normal, so to answer your question, I still feel lousy!

Jennifer
  15. GBHope

GBHope New Member

Me too. Mine are always elevated, so I never feel great. In the earlier years, I had a few times when things calmed down a little, but always flared back up the minute I overdid and for a normal person, it would not be overdoing, LOL.

GBHope