ECZEMA.... Answers ANYONE? Please?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Starr913, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Starr913

Starr913 New Member

ProHealth doesn't have a board for eczema or even psoriasis, but I NEED HELP! from ANYone who can provide it! I have SEVERE eczema on the back of my head. It used to be one small patch I could deal with, but now it is all over the back of my scalp and it is BAD.... sometimes it itches so bad and I scratch so much it bleeds (I know I'm not supposed to scratch, but the itch is so terribly intense I can't help it!) I can't go to a dermatologist; no insurance and no money right now. Does anyone know of anything I can do for this, or are you aware of any eczema message boards I can join for free to try to find help from other eczema sufferers?

Thanks so much for any help!
  2. paulac7

paulac7 Member

I get horribly dry patches, and my hubby gets a kind of 'dermatitis' on his hands from work, and I've found that Bag Balm (the original in the green square can) helps with the pain and itch. I swear by it. And it's not that expensive, either--a little bit goes a long way.

Not sure how much help this is, but just my .02

Paula >^.^<
  3. elliespad

elliespad Member

I have both. I get psoriasis very bad on my face on my cheeks, chin extending under my neck. I get it in other areas too, but not a severe as my face. Also have eczema areas. I've used Prescription Rx, Eledel and Protopic. Both cleared it up perfectly, BUT, caused me SEVERE kidney pain, radiating into thighs, and totally unable to walk. I mean, only 30-60 seconds and plop in a chair. Suffered like that for months until I figured out what was causing it. But, you can't use a Doctor and I have something better that works for me.

I was at a local craft show and this booth sold Herbal Preparations with the Herbalist there to answer questions. She has a VERY COMPELLING story herself and I decided to try her Psoriasis Salve. It is great. Stops the itch, clears me up about 90%. Cost only $7 for a little 2 oz. tub and lasts me a couple months. Last time I ordered, I also got a little tub of Heals All Rashes. I tried that, and HOLY COW, it worked even better. Cleared me completely. BUT,,,,I was having thigh/groin pain, and unable to walk for about a month. I FINALLY realized it might be that new salve and switched back to the Psoriasis Salve, and all is well again.

The name of her company/site is For Claudias Sayke. Easy to find. Click on Herbal Salves. I have picked her brains on several occasions and she is very willing to even make custom products when I have allergies to certain ingredients. For example, her For Everything Lavender Seaweed Powder, she actually made up for me without the Seaweed as I am allergic to Seaweed. I've had about 5 bottles of her Bay Rum Liquid Soap and i LOVE it. Going to get some of her Bug Away Spray with my next order. Man, I hope she never goes out of business.
  4. Starr913

Starr913 New Member

Thanks SO much! I will contact her about a "spray" or liquid version of something for this eczema. I have long hair, and trying to put any kind of cream or ointment on those areas with my fingers is messy and does little more than make my hair gross with greasy ointments and creams (I know, I've tried)! I have a prescription cream (Clobetasol) & have considered just adding a bunch of water to make it liquid and applying it with a spray bottle or something like that, but I figured that would probably decrease the effectiveness considerably, then I'm just wasting the stuff! I use the cream on my arms, hands, fingers, ears, etc, whenever I have "breakouts" on one of those areas. It works beautifully on "bald" places like that! lol

And before anyone suggests it, yes, I've even considered shaving my head so I can use the cream on it, but I really doubt my DH could take that; I don't even look good with short hair, so I don't even want to imagine what I would look like bald..... lol

thanks again for the replies and suggestions!

5. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

Just searched for "eczema" on this wonderful board and found this post. I just got diagnosed with eczema, and it's not too fun! :) I'm going to try the Bag Balm. It's gotten rave reviews on several websites. Thank you so much for the suggestion.

6. inbetweendays

inbetweendays New Member

please see my post--more than skin deep.
  7. inbetweendays

inbetweendays New Member

Just a rough overview of what you may want to look into--
    1-omega 3's --fish oil
    2-grapeseed extract
    3-alpha lipoic acid
    4-milk thistle
    6-msm and vitamin c

consider reading up on leaky gut syndrome and sluggish may want to consider cleaning up your diet--lots of veggies,maybe juicing,whole grains,nuts, seeds....cut down on--sugar,trans-fats,wrong oils,

you can also heat up olive oil and put it on the scalp or coconut oil. also kopec naturals helped me with skin problems
  8. clementyne

clementyne New Member

I also have eczema on my scalp. In the past it has been so bad that I now have bald patches. I have been wearing a wig for the past 3 or four years & that makes me feel better emotionally, anyway!

I also have plaque psoriasis on my scalp. I have been to a dermatologist but he didn't really help any. In fact, the shampoo he sold me burned my scalp so bad that it bled. Now, when it's bad I use an OTC tar based shampoo & sometimes white vinegar. My places often seep and that just grosses me out!

When I itch, I use a brush to scratch my scalp - I feel like I don't do as much damage that way.

I know this is miserable for you & I wish I could tell you some miracle cure but I don't have one.

Good luck, Star!
  9. ILoveGreen

ILoveGreen New Member

When I was in college I used to have awful oubreaks of eczema that encircled my mouth, sort of like a mask on a dog's face. Not only did it itch, it was SO disfiguring. Covering it up with makeup only made it worse. The best known medical treatment at the time, corticosteroids prescribed by the Dermatologist, sucked the collagen out of my complexion and gave me premature wrinkles besides!

While the topicals may put a bandaid on your symptoms, only a good, clean diet with the supplements as recommended above along with the occasional liver cleanse will free you of eczema for good. I now am primarily vegetarian and only eat complex carbs, very little sugar, and occasionally have a glass of champagne or wine.

I wish you the best of luck.