Eczema question, pls read if applicable

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JaciBart, Nov 12, 2002.

1. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

I found this on an article regarding smalpox vaccine, it was talking about an antidote for the symptoms, apparantly they have to have enough antidote on hand to help everyone who may have troulbe with the vaccine, not the fisrt time I have seen eczema referred to in this context. It is as if having it before can weaken immune system, I don't get it.

Anyone have any insight on this, I had it very severely as a young-un.

copy follows:

Making enough to vaccinate all 280 million Americans safely could take two years, based on the most pessimistic estimates of need. But no one knows exactly how much is needed because experts do not know how many bad reactions will occur or how effective efforts will be to screen out the people most likely to have them — pregnant women, people with compromised immune systems, people with a history of eczema or other rashes.

end of copy.

Jaci

2. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

I found this on an article regarding smalpox vaccine, it was talking about an antidote for the symptoms, apparantly they have to have enough antidote on hand to help everyone who may have troulbe with the vaccine, not the fisrt time I have seen eczema referred to in this context. It is as if having it before can weaken immune system, I don't get it.

Anyone have any insight on this, I had it very severely as a young-un.

copy follows:

Making enough to vaccinate all 280 million Americans safely could take two years, based on the most pessimistic estimates of need. But no one knows exactly how much is needed because experts do not know how many bad reactions will occur or how effective efforts will be to screen out the people most likely to have them — pregnant women, people with compromised immune systems, people with a history of eczema or other rashes.

end of copy.

Jaci

3. Roxi

Roxi New Member

It's possible they just mean people prone to skin conditions since smallpox is blisters. But this is interesting...at a local fibro group I mentioned I get tiny blisters on the ends of my fingers and 2 girls who came together said those were eczema and common with fibro. Their belief is that fibro is an exposure to toxic elements like Gulf War syndrome. They were pushing Guaifenisin. I took it for a year with no improvemnent. Will be interesting to see what other of us have to say about eczema.
  4. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

on my fingers between my hand & first knuckle, I am not sure if they are blister type things or possibly wart type things, I have gotten a whole bunch of little tiny wart like things on my chest, from my neck down to the start of my breast tissue. They are kinda like skin tags but more tough, like a wart. If they are wart type growths they would be viral.

I will watch this & look into it & give my possibly accurate opinion.

I have dr appt tomorrow, I can ask my doc also.

Jaci
  5. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

good advice!

Jaci
  6. bubblegum

bubblegum New Member

I recently went to the doctor because of these small blister like bumps on my hands. They itch like crazy and if I am not careful I scratch the skin right off my fingers. She told me it was eczema and prescribed a cream that I apply whenever it shows up. I find it appears after a rather long sleep. 12 to 14 hours and when I wake up my hands feel swollen and then they start itching and when I look at them I can see clusters of these pin size blisters. I hope this helps. Ciao 4 Now
    Sandy
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

She had a very bad case of it for several months before she died. She also had FMS.

Love, Mikie
  8. sybil

sybil New Member

i had childhood eczema and passed it on to my son,loads of people in my family have it.
    when my son was 2 he went for his whooping cough immunisation,my doctor advised me not to let him have it,as it could cause an adverse reaction for people with eczema.that was about 26 years ago.so it is possible other vaccines can have a reaction with eczema.

sybilxxx