Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by greatgran, Sep 19, 2010.

1. greatgran

greatgran Member

Thanks to each of you for your replies and info.. I am not sure what happened that caused the edema but it seems to have gone for now. I probably had to much salt and the heat.. Will bring this to my doc's attention and if it comes back will go get checked out..

The naturopath had me on 1/8 tsp. sea salt with 8 oz water, first thing of the morning but have stopped for a couple of days.. Will gradually go back on it and see what happens..

As far as meds the only ones I take are, xanax, bufferin as needed, Vit. D 3, Fish Oil, multiple vitamin /supplement.. I did start yesterday on potassuim, magnesium, back on grapefruit seed extract spray for sinuses.. I am to start more supplements this week, we shall see.

God Bless each of you,
  2. kat0465

kat0465 New Member

i never got edema until my Hysterectomy, now i get it from time to time also, especially when im having a really bad flare and cant move around much.
    when im more active, the edema is better. i know you have beed having a rough time of it. so maybe it's just that.

the salt could have been just too much also, maybe every other day wouldn't hurt.
    Hope your feeling better soon!
    Luv, Kat
  3. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Active Member

Hi gg - If you suspect that it is the salt that is causing this you should definitely get that checked out by your doctor (as in MD, not ND) as this can possibly be a sign that your kidneys or heart aren't working properly.