Editing A Post Seems No Longer Possible

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by lgp, Jul 20, 2009.

1. lgp

lgp Well-Known Member

Am I missing something? At the bottom of a post or a reply, shouldn't there be an option for the writer to edit their post? I don't see it anymore. Is there a different way to edit your post without deleting it and redoing the whole thing? Maybe I'm just not seeing it--if anyone could clarify, I'd be grateful.

Thanks--Laura
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

I usually get the edit or delete option; not always.

Getting a reply button is more trouble. Worked at it off and on for
    12 hours today.

Have you e mailed Pro-health? When I try that, doesn't work either.

Hope you can find some help.

Rock
  3. Pippi1313

Pippi1313 New Member

Several peeps seem to be having similar problems. But it always works for me. Maybe it's malware on your computer, or something?

Pip
  4. mysticbrit

mysticbrit New Member

One thing I've noticed is that even though I think I'm logged one, and attempt to reply to a post, or edit one of mine, I discover that I've been logged off. Not sure if it's a timed thing, like you get logged out if you're not doing anything except reading posts. I've noticed that if I take too long writing a reply by the time I'm done I've been logged out. I've learned the hard way that I need to copy what I'm writing as I go along so I don't have to start over again.

Did that make sense???? LOL

Just a thought.

Mystic

P.S. YOU MUST BE LOGGED IN TO GET THAT CHOICE. THEN ANYTHING YOU WRITE CAN BE EDITIED OR DELETED. - HOPE THIS HELPS.[This Message was Edited on 07/25/2009]
  5. sues1

sues1 New Member

I am back after a long absence here. I also miss the little icons (or whatever they are called) that shows your feelings.....mostly miss the joker. When I would need a grin and a giggle, I would go through and hit the joke ones first, to pep me up.
    Blessings.......Susan
  6. lgp

lgp Well-Known Member

Now the 'Edit My Post' / 'Delete My Post' options have reappeared!! I'll never figure this out!!

LOL--Laura
  7. JimB51

JimB51 Member

Sometimes I take too long writing my post or reply or edit and when I click .. I lose what I've written. I get disconnected. (that's why I always copy my writing before I post it).

It just happened to me. Thankfully I only had to paste what I had copied - to a new " Reply".

Also, I just went to edit my reply, and there wasn't an "edit my post" option.
    That was strange!

A minute later I realized that I hadn't signed in yet. I did so and ... whoosh - the EDIT option appeared.
    Sometimes I unknowingly get disconnected and don't realize that I HAVE TO SIGN IN AGAIN.

It's true tho, ... Sometimes this board acts CRAZY! Jim

8. JimB51

JimB51 Member

Ya, same here. I was gone from the board for three years.
    I forgot about those little face emotion icons.
    They would sometimes draw me into checking particular posts.
    Wonder when they stopped offering them.

All we can post now is : ) or : (

altho I sometimes used my "Rabbit" face =:} (pretty dumb, I know!)

Jim