EDTA Question

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by PVLady, Feb 21, 2007.

1. PVLady

PVLady New Member

Is anyone taking this supplement? I just read a article about how great this is to remove plaque in your arteries...

Thanks..
  2. doxygirl

doxygirl New Member

My counselor just recenly told me that apple cider vinegar is really good for removing artery plaque too!:)

I guess since it is good for arteries, and uti, etc Iam going to start taking it everyday and see if I feel better.

I believe that for every disease and ailment there is a "natural" cure for it ...............the problem is just figuring it out.............but Iam hearing apple cider vinegar a lot these days!

BTW........how are you feeling today ? Are you feeling any better?

I hope that your day was much better..........please let me know ok?!
    :)
  3. dtj

dtj New Member

Hi PVLady,

EDTA is most commonly used as a Lead and Cadmium chelation agent for these heavy metal poisonings.

Its very controversial as an arterial supplement with some feeling that it is being market only for profiteering purposes while others feel there is a legitimate benefit, although there are no commonly accepted and certified trial studies.
    [This Message was Edited on 05/09/2007]
  4. PVLady

PVLady New Member

Thanks for your answers...
  5. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

By the time my dad had bad symptoms, they said it was too late to think of EDTA chelation. The only way to tell is to inject a dye around the heart, by inserting a catheter in vein at the groin.

I had the catheter done too, but had only a little buildup.

I use DMSA as a chelator.
  6. Wormboy2000

Wormboy2000 New Member

EDTA chelates (binds) divalent cations (things that have two positive charges). Many metals fil this bill, including lead and mercury.

Any artery application would need more support for me, since I haven't seen a plausible mechanism proposed.
  7. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

EDTA creates a toxic by product with mercury. Dr. Andrew Cutler recommends using DMSA until it can be verified that your mercury is low.

Also, Epstein-Barr virus can interfere with the LDL receptors in the liver. The liver is the largest manfacturer of chlorestol in the body. Chloresterol is the "building block" of every cell.

Many CFS/FM sufferers also list High, drug-resistant, chloresterol too. Mine is very high...yet I've changed my diet a lot.

Pharmaceutical drugs and Niacin work by interfering with liver enzymes that makes chloresterol. Sounds like a "band-aid" to me.
  8. deliarose

deliarose New Member

the NIH is doing / sponsoring a trial looking at the efficacy of chelation for treating clogged arteries.

Unknow when the results expected...

Delia