educational videos made for healthcare professionals by Discovery Channel

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Wireless, May 23, 2010.

1. Wireless

Wireless New Member

They are meant for healthcare providers to earn CME. Patients could find them interesting too.

It's a big list. I pasted some of the titles and descriptions here that were applicable to us.

Improving Treatment of Chronic Pain
    Available for credit through February 13, 2012
    A panel of medical experts advise physicians on the treatment of chronic pain among patients.

Fibromyalgia: From Diagnosis To Treatment
    Available for credit through May 24, 2010
    This program addresses the pathophysiology factors involved in the proper diagnosis and treatment options for fibromyalgia.

Managing the Link Between Depression and Pain
    is no longer available for CME credit.
    Learn the latest information on depression and pain. We bring together a group of experts to discuss physical symptoms of depression, biochemical causes of pain and depression, and appropriate treatment options.

Appropriate Use Of Opioid Therapy For Patients With Pain
    Available for credit through December 31, 2010
    A discussion on effective pain management for patients with acute and moderate to severe chronic pain who have not responded adequately to other therapies.

Also one on migraines, two on low sexual desire, lots on obesity, lots on diabetes, etc.
  2. quanked

quanked Member

I am having a bad day. I think I am going back to bed. That is why I am asking this--

You mention diabetes--any video on doing blood testing--I mean visual instructions? I wrote the diabetes foundation once asking for this kind of help but they never bothered responding.

I have been shown several times but I cannot hang onto the information in my mind.