Efexir and Orudis SR anyone?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by nickbeth, Feb 6, 2003.

1. nickbeth

nickbeth New Member

Just wondering if any of you are familiar with either of these. I was on amitryptilene and desipramene for pain last year and at the baby dose they made me crazy, so I got off them. Xanax I liked a little too much, but since this whole thing started the anxiety attacks are getting out of hand. I'm starting EMDR for them, but it would be really nice to have something I could just take to push STOP on the panic sometimes. A girlfriend with lupus reccommended Efexir.

Another girlfriend with a chronic degenerative disease suggested Orudis SR since it's a time release once a day pill, and it's supposed to work differently than Vioxx and other NSAIDs. I had an allergic reaction to Toradol just after Christmas, when the Vioxx stopped working, so any input on Orudis would be appreciated.

Thanks all!!
  2. nickbeth

nickbeth New Member

just cause I'm hoping for some feedback...
  3. Dara

Dara New Member

I take Effexor XR 150mg just before bedtime. It works great for me. What it has done for me is allows me to get to sleep at night without tossing & turning. The doctor said that was probably because it helps OCD and so I don't lay awake thinking and worrying about everything. I was taking Amitriptilin (I know that's not how you spell it), but I was like a walking zombie, or should I say a sleeping zombie? All I wanted to do was sleep, even would fall asleep at my desk when I was still working. I have had no side affects from the Effexor and have been on it for almost a year now.

Dara